Be Ready for Hotter Days, Warm Nights and Heat Waves - NIMET Issues Strong Warning to Nigerians

Forum 8 years ago

Be Ready for Hotter Days, Warm Nights and Heat Waves - NIMET Issues Strong Warning to Nigerians

With the global average air temperature of the earth hitting 1°C hotter than it was at the start of the twentieth century, the Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NIMET) has warned Nigerians to brace up for more hot days, warm nights and heat waves.

In a statement signed by the Head of its Public Relations Unit, Eva Azinge, NIMET noted that with the long residence of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, the current warming would continue beyond 2100, even when the emission of greenhouse gases is reduced.

The statement said, “We must therefore prepare for a future with more hot days, warm nights and heat waves because of past and present emissions. This preparation will require smart adaptation strategies and engaging in climate resilient practices to cope with the damage that has been done.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I
Forum | 2 days ago

I'm Coming For You - Odumeje Sends Strong Message To Poco Lee

Transfer: Guardiola ready to pay EPL rivals £85m for midfielder
Forum | 5 days ago

Transfer: Guardiola ready to pay EPL rivals £85m for midfielder

Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment
Forum | 5 days ago

Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment

It Is Too Early to Threaten Nigerians With 2027 Election – Kaduna Cleric to Northern Elders
Forum | 5 days ago

It Is Too Early to Threaten Nigerians With 2027 Election – Kaduna Cleric to Northern Elders