Buhari needs me to drive ‘change’ in N’Delta –Tompolo

Forum 7 years ago

Buhari needs me to drive ‘change’ in N’Delta –Tompolo

Embattled ex-militant leader, Chief Government Ekpemupolo also known as Tompolo, has written to President Muhammadu Buhari, saying the present administration need him to drive its ‘change agenda’ in the Niger Delta region.

In a letter to the President on Friday, Tompolo said he was being harassed for his patriotism to the country.

He decried alleged constant harassment of his close associates and family members by security agents in recent times by government forces.

He said in the letter, “Your Excellency sir, it is instructive to state that you need me to drive this your change agenda in the Niger Delta region as I am ever passionate to improve the living condition of the people of the region.”

He further stated that he was being unfairly maltreated in the controversy trailing the Nigerian Maritime University in Okerenkoko, Warri South West Local Government Area of Delta State.

According to him, “The latest victims of this unwarranted, misdirected and wicked act are Simeon Bebenimibo, a member of the Delta State Waterway and Land Security Committee and a driver of one of my aides, Mr. Ebipade Kari, who was on an errand with a little baby. The baby was thrown away from the vehicle as the driver was beaten to pulp by your men.

“That was not all; the military men stormed the house of one of my younger brothers and harassed his pregnant wife with guns. This has led to complications as a result of her current state. The two of them were arrested and are presently in the custody of the Nigerian Army, Effurun.”

On the issue surrounding the controversial Maritime University, Tompolo explained, “Your Excellency sir, I only contributed to the development of the Nigerian Maritime University. I only agreed to sell my property; Mieka International Diving School structures (19 gigantic buildings of various sizes on 12 hectares of reclaimed land) for the quick and flawless take off of the university.

“And it all went through due process. I never knew my goodwill and patriotism will lead me to where I am now. I have this burning desire to attract developmental strides to this difficult terrain, as it is the only thing for the people of the Niger Delta, particularly the coastal areas, to continue to have faith in Nigeria as the area has been neglected for so long.

“You are being respected today because of your integrity and sincerity of purpose. Therefore, you need to consciously investigate the issues surrounding the establishment of the university.”

Tompolo also accused some members of the All Progressives Congress of misleading the President on matters concerning the region, urging Buhari to be weary of such persons.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Rebecca Ferguson Discusses Mission: Impossible Exit: ‘It Needs to Be Worth It’
Forum | 1 day ago

Rebecca Ferguson Discusses Mission: Impossible Exit: ‘It Needs to Be Worth It’

Why Nigeria Needs Parliamentary System Of Govt – Peter Obi
Forum | 2 days ago

Why Nigeria Needs Parliamentary System Of Govt – Peter Obi

Slain Nigerian Policemen In Delta State Receive Posthumous Honours, N46million Donations
Forum | 2 days ago

Slain Nigerian Policemen In Delta State Receive Posthumous Honours, N46million Donations

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje
Forum | 4 days ago

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje