You’re a rogue, I’ll never apologize – Jibrin replies Dogara

Forum 7 years ago

You’re a rogue, I’ll never apologize – Jibrin replies Dogara

Former House of Representatives Chairman on Appropriation, Abdulmumin Jibrin, has vowed not to apologize to Speaker Yakubu Dogara, over several allegations of fraud he levelled against him and other top officers of the green chamber.
A statement Jibrin signed on Wednesday, said he had approached the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) and was ready to submit his petition.

“Speaker Dogara has threatened legal action on me. Quite predictable. I know he will rush to court in order to invoke the house rules that matter in court can not be heard on the floor,” Jibrin said.

“He failed to realise that the law is not intended to protect corrupt people. It is such a shame. I have responded to their allegations rather than respond to mine, he is rushing to court. I stand by my allegations, I will not withdraw them.

“I am happy to announce that my lawyers have officially approached the EFCC and the ICPC towards working out a date for me to personally submit my petition against speaker Yakubu Dogara, deputy speaker, Yusuf Lasun, whip Alhassan Doguwa and minority leader Leo Ogor.

“I believe once a date is agreed with the anti-corruption agencies we would have begun the process of making these characters pay for abusing their office,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I Will Apologize Later – President Tinubu Tells Newspapers Over Birthday Cancellation
Forum | 3 weeks ago

I Will Apologize Later – President Tinubu Tells Newspapers Over Birthday Cancellation

Alleged N3.7trn Budget Padding: Akpabio Will Not Resign – Senate Replies PDP
Forum | 1 month ago

Alleged N3.7trn Budget Padding: Akpabio Will Not Resign – Senate Replies PDP

Rogue Squadron: Patty Jenkins Returns to Long-Delayed Star Wars Movie
Forum | 1 month ago

Rogue Squadron: Patty Jenkins Returns to Long-Delayed Star Wars Movie

Apologize And Retract Your Statement - Lagos PDP Knocks Jandor Over Leadership Claim
Forum | 1 month ago

Apologize And Retract Your Statement - Lagos PDP Knocks Jandor Over Leadership Claim