It is stupidity to think Ministers control Buhari – Shittu denies blocking kinsman from NIPOST job

Forum 7 years ago

It is stupidity to think Ministers control Buhari – Shittu denies blocking kinsman from NIPOST job

Minister of Communication, Mr Adebayo Shittu, has denied reports that he was against moves by a former Commissioner of Finance in Oyo State, Zacheaus Adelabu, from clinching NIPOST Postmaster-General job.
The Federal Government last week announced Biyi Adegbuyi from Ogun State as the new Postmaster-General.

According to Shittu, Adelabu never applied, was not shortlisted or screened for the job, wondering how he could have denied him the job as being alleged.

The minister said it was laughable for anyone to have thought he would overrule the president’s interest in Adelabu to become the Postmaster-General, adding that Adelabu never even disclosed he was ever interested in the job with him at any point.

“NIPOST is under the supervisory authority of Ministry of Communication in which I am the minister. We sought approval of Mr President to recruit a Postmaster General who has business background and who could take NIPOST to the highest level.

“We felt we may not get all the needed materials in relying on only the NIPOST staff, so we advertised the position in three different newspapers. Fourty-nine people applied and we later shortlisted 21.

“Adelabu is my very good brother. At no point did he react to our advertisement. He never applied for the job of the postmaster-general, he was never shortlisted, he never took part in the written test nor took part in the interviews.

“So, how could he have been a candidate? Although I was told that he was promoted to becoming one, but the funny thing was that he never discussed the issue with me. It is only Mr President that has the power to appoint. Even the minister owes his office at the instance of the president.

“For anybody to think that I overturned the wish of Mr President is stupidity of the highest level and cheap blackmail,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 1 day ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

Ryan Gosling Doesn’t Think The Nice Guys 2 Will Ever Happen
Forum | 1 day ago

Ryan Gosling Doesn’t Think The Nice Guys 2 Will Ever Happen

I’ve Reported The Case To Police — Skiibii Denies TikToker Nickie Dabarbie’s Money Ritual Claim
Forum | 4 days ago

I’ve Reported The Case To Police — Skiibii Denies TikToker Nickie Dabarbie’s Money Ritual Claim

Kaduna: Former Speaker Denies Approving $350m Loan
Forum | 1 week ago

Kaduna: Former Speaker Denies Approving $350m Loan