I’m not sponsoring Avengers, my enemies at work – EX-NIMASA boss, Akpobolokemi

Forum 7 years ago

I’m not sponsoring Avengers, my enemies at work – EX-NIMASA boss, Akpobolokemi

A former Director-General of Nigeria Maritime Administration Agency, NIMASA, Dr. Patrick Akpobolokemi has denied sponsoring the Niger Delta Avengers, NDA.
He said the report linking him with the dreaded group was false, malicious and concocted by his traducers to rubbish his hard-earned name and reputation.

Akpobolokemi in a statement yesterday, said he had no link or ties with any political, advocacy or militant group anywhere in the world, adding that he was committed to Nigeria’s interest.

His words: “My attention has been drawn to a recent publication by a group named the Reformed Niger Delta Avengers (RNDA), who purportedly listed “alleged” sponsors of the Niger Delta Avengers (NDA); a group that has claimed responsibility for several attacks on Oil and Gas Infrastructure in the Niger Delta. The group is reported to have named me as one of the sponsors of the Niger Delta Avengers.

“I want to say that this claim is false, malicious, defamatory and lacking any iota of credibility. May I remind the generality of Nigerians and the international community that I am currently facing six cases in various courts bordering on my stewardship in the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, NIMASA.

“Nigeria Perhaps my adversaries may have realized that these charges in various courts lack merit and substance, have decided to go this length to label me as a sponsor of NDA and its activities. I am not a politician nor a member of any political or advocacy group.

“I also do not have any link or ties with any political, advocacy or militant group anywhere in the world. I am well educated with a Doctorate degree and became a public servant with interest in the rapid development of Nigeria-Social and Physical Infrastructure. This is evidenced by my efforts in the establishment of the Nigerian Maritime University.

“I cannot be involved in the destruction of Oil and Gas Infrastructure because this will adversely affect the eco-system in addition to other negative socio-economic consequences in the Niger Delta region and Nigeria. I was at the forefront of the anti-pollution campaign in our waters when I was the Director-General of NIMASA, so I will not be involved in actions that are causing pollution in devastating the already fragile eco-system in the Region.

‘’I, therefore, reject the baseless notion and association ascribed to me or implied in any shape or form by the Reformed Niger Delta Avengers as a sponsor of the Niger Delta Avengers and its activities.’’?

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Banner Calling Out "Home Wrecker" With Her Face And Work Place On Display Is Spotted On The Roadside
Forum | 2 days ago

Banner Calling Out "Home Wrecker" With Her Face And Work Place On Display Is Spotted On The Roadside

Rumor: Avengers 5’s Release Date Might Not Be Delayed
Forum | 3 days ago

Rumor: Avengers 5’s Release Date Might Not Be Delayed

SPORT 59 mins ago ‘He has been excellent’ – Southampton boss thumbs up Aribo’s display
Forum | 3 days ago

SPORT 59 mins ago ‘He has been excellent’ – Southampton boss thumbs up Aribo’s display

Andor Creator Thinks Season 2 Might Be Some of the Most ‘Important’ Work He’s Ever Done
Forum | 6 days ago

Andor Creator Thinks Season 2 Might Be Some of the Most ‘Important’ Work He’s Ever Done