Read What Fuji House Of Commotion Actress Says Nigeria Should Do To Rapists

Forum 7 years ago

Read What Fuji House Of Commotion Actress Says Nigeria Should Do To Rapists

Remember Ireti Doyle from ‘Fuji House Of Commotion’?

Well the Nollywood actress is concerned about the rampant cases of rape in the country.

She has subsequently suggested a method Nigeria should adopt to curb the wildspread cases of rape.

“In Nigeria, as in almost everywhere in the world, I do not think that rape cases are handled properly often times.” Ireti said in an interview with Punch.

“What makes it worse for us in Nigeria is that in advanced countries, they have strict laws and most times, the law is enforced and justice is done.”

“In Nigeria, we have laws in place but are they enforced as they should be? I don’t think so. But I am happy that there is a lot more conversation about it.”

“People tend to think that rape is on the increase but I don’t think so; I think it has always been a part of our society but you are hearing a lot more about it now because people are talking about it.”

“That veil of secrecy has been removed and the more we talk about it, the more we blow the whistle against the offenders.”

“Eventually I think we would get it right. We need to put stronger laws in place and enforce them and justice must be done.”

“When you hear about a law that castrates rapists, you may think it is extreme but when you think of the ripple effect, the damage that rape causes not just to the victims but people around them, you might want to rethink.”

“I think that the punishment should be hard especially for repeat offenders.” ”

“Maybe if you are a first time offender, the law might give you room for rehabilitation but if you are a repeated offender, they should cut off your m*****d.”

Do you agree with Ireti?

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 13 hours ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Commotion As Bandits Strike Again, Kill Four, Abduct Six In Zamfara
Forum | 14 hours ago

Commotion As Bandits Strike Again, Kill Four, Abduct Six In Zamfara

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 18 hours ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Actress Wumi Toriola Completes Master’s Degree at LAUTECH
Forum | 1 day ago

Actress Wumi Toriola Completes Master’s Degree at LAUTECH