Those accusing Jonathan of sponsoring Niger Delta Avengers jobless – Group

Forum 7 years ago

Those accusing Jonathan of sponsoring Niger Delta Avengers jobless – Group

A group, Coalition of Niger Deltans for Justice and Development, has faulted the report accusing former President Goodluck Jonathan of sponsoring the Niger Delta Avengers.
The group, described the report as campaign aimed at smearing the image of the former president.

The CONDJUD President, Mr. Ebiakpo Barle, said in a statement on Friday that the plot to bring Jonathan to disrepute, imprison him with the ultimate aim to perhaps, eventually kill him in detention being contrived by the blackmailers was selfish, personal and wicked.

Barle said, “Laughable as the allegations against him (Jonathan) is the campaign of calumny already in the open are, it cannot be taken for granted and waved aside as it is serious because they are desperate and anxious to accomplish their clandestine mission to malign, frame up and eliminate an innocent man.

“The plot is to link and to establish him as the chief sponsor of the activities of a militant group in the Niger Delta, the Niger Delta Avengers. The ex-President, we all know, is a meek and honest man, who upholds more than anything else, the unity of Nigeria and progress of her people for greater development.

“Therefore, any kind of thinking to link him with any set of persons or cabal planning or carrying out bloody mission of bombing and destroying economic means of the country or destabilising the nation cannot tally with his character.”

He said Jonathan had long ago demonstrated he was a non-violent person and did not play politics with the development of the country when he vowed that “no blood of any Nigerian is worth my ambition and I do not play politics with the development and wellbeing of our people.”

He added, “That Jonathan is sponsor of the NDA is laughable and a fabricated lie from the pit of hell and the handiwork of mischief makers who are enemies of Nigeria and want this country to capitulate under the watch of Buhari.

“They are the same people who collaborated with other parts of the world to predict doom for Nigeria in 2015 and that the last presidential election would be the point of disintegration for Nigeria and Nigerians.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals
Forum | 18 hours ago

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals

Nigerian Woman Prepares Perfect Birthday Gift For Her Friend Who Loves To Gossip
Forum | 1 day ago

Nigerian Woman Prepares Perfect Birthday Gift For Her Friend Who Loves To Gossip

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu
Forum | 1 day ago

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu

Forum | 1 day ago