I will negotiate on behalf of Niger Delta Avengers if Buhari agrees – Ex-Governor Kalu

Forum 7 years ago

I will negotiate on behalf of Niger Delta Avengers if Buhari agrees – Ex-Governor Kalu

Former Abia State Governor, Orji Uzor Kalu, has expressed his readiness to negotiate on behalf of rampaging militant group, the Niger Delta Avengers, if President Muhammadu Buhari gives consent to the arrangement.
Avengers had listed the former governor alongside, Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka among a seven-man team to lead its negotiation with the Federal government.

Others on the list include, Prof. Steve Odi-Owei, Dr Etubom Anthony Ani, Nalaguo Chris Alagoa, Chief, Mrs, Alice Mobolaji Osomo, and Mr. Inienimi Ballantyne Agiri, who has been acting as spokesman for a faction of the group.

However, Kalu, while reacting to the list, said the group had not officially informed him that he will be representing them at the negotiation table with the government, Punch reports.

According to Kalu, “Nigeria is our own and we must go on the path of peace. It is the right anything to do if they want to negotiate, I hope the president will accept that.

“I will negotiate for them if the President agrees for us to negotiate for them. I cannot go without concurrent agreement with the President saying that we should negotiate.”

The report also quoted Avengers factional spokesman as saying the list was not exhaustive as other people outside the shores of Nigeria had been contacted, adding that they had shown interest in being observers in the dialogue process.

Agiri further added that the rampaging militant group would also consult the Archbishop of the Canterbury, Justin Weldy, a former Ghanaian President, John Kufor and a few others.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Nigeria Has Become Laughing Stock Across the World – T Y Danjuma
Forum | 1 hour ago

Nigeria Has Become Laughing Stock Across the World – T Y Danjuma

Rumor: Avengers 5’s Release Date Might Not Be Delayed
Forum | 13 hours ago

Rumor: Avengers 5’s Release Date Might Not Be Delayed

I Can’t Imagine It – Aisha Yesufu On Governor Ododo Stopping Yahaya Bello’s Arrest
Forum | 16 hours ago

I Can’t Imagine It – Aisha Yesufu On Governor Ododo Stopping Yahaya Bello’s Arrest

Nigerian Army Neutralizes Three Bandits In Benue, Confirms Rescue Of Pregnant Chibok Girl And Her 3 Children From Terrorists
Forum | 20 hours ago

Nigerian Army Neutralizes Three Bandits In Benue, Confirms Rescue Of Pregnant Chibok Girl And Her 3 Children From Terrorists' Captivity