Ensure hitch-free elections in Ondo, Rivers or no election in 2019 – Buhari orders security operatives

Forum 7 years ago

Ensure hitch-free elections in Ondo, Rivers or no election in 2019 – Buhari orders security operatives

President Muhammadu Buhari has directed all security agencies to ensure the conduct of a hitch-free election in Rivers and Ondo States, stressing that if election cannot be conducted in one state, then Nigerians should “forget 2019.”

Buhari made the remark at a state dinner organised in his honour in Benin, the Edo state capital, as part of his two-day visit to the state.

This was contained in a statement released by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, on Tuesday.

According to the statement, Buhari said, “What happened in [the last elections] Kogi, Bayelsa and Rivers State disturbs me a lot.

“I think we should go beyond these actions. Why do we kill each other? Putting tyres on people and setting them ablaze.

“I have told the law enforcement agencies, if we can’t conduct an election in one state then we should forget about 2019.”

Earlier, the President commissioned the new Edo University located in Iyamho, Etsako West Local Government Area of the state.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Enugu Neighbourhood Watch Operatives Shoot Dead Restaurant Owner, Youths Burn Patrol Vehicle
Forum | 2 days ago

Enugu Neighbourhood Watch Operatives Shoot Dead Restaurant Owner, Youths Burn Patrol Vehicle

Security Operatives Uncover Alleged Hideout of Yoruba Nation Agitators in Ibadan
Forum | 2 days ago

Security Operatives Uncover Alleged Hideout of Yoruba Nation Agitators in Ibadan

Free Fall: Zachary Levi Cast in Rock-Climbing Action Movie Directed by Death Proof Star
Forum | 2 days ago

Free Fall: Zachary Levi Cast in Rock-Climbing Action Movie Directed by Death Proof Star

Heavy Security As Court Rules On Bail Of Governor Adeleke’s Ally, Oyeyemi
Forum | 2 days ago

Heavy Security As Court Rules On Bail Of Governor Adeleke’s Ally, Oyeyemi