SADONIC!: Boko Haram Kidnaps 100 Young Men In Borno

Forum 9 years ago

SADONIC!: Boko Haram Kidnaps 100 Young Men In Borno

It was formally girls, now men!

The deadly Boko Haram sect may have forcefully conscripted 100 persons in Doron Baga, a Borno community.

It was gathered that about 100 persons were abducted during a Sunday attack on the lowly village where over 10 persons were allegedly killed.

A source, who spoke to journalists in Maiduguri, said the insurgents attacked the lowly town on Sunday evening and took away some boys and young men.

It was gathered that 10 were killed by the insurgents.

Some of those that fled the area that were sighted in Maiduguri on Thursday, said they had to flee the area because of the constant attacks by the insurgents.
[ads4]
One of the displaced persons, Halima Alhaji Adamu, said six members of Hadejia community in Doron Baga were killed and about 100 young men were abducted on Sunday when the members of the Islamic sect, Boko Haram launched an attack on their community displacing thousands who are now seeking refuge in some parts of Borno and Yobe states.

She lamented that she also lost her husband in the attack.

She claimed that the insurgents are believed to have abducted the young men in order to forcefully conscript them.

According to her, several other communities within Doron Baga and around have also lost many as well as others who were abducted by the insurgents.

She said, “The attack was on Sunday, in my family they killed six people, I don’t know about the other families but the Hadaijawa community which I belong also had 100 of the abducted by the insurgents.”

Speaking on why she and the rest of her family could not take advantage of the refugee camps established in Maiduguri, she said “we are going to our family members in Gashua.”

“I think it is better to go and live with family members than opting for camps. We lost everything we have worked for, and I don’t think the camp will be a better place for us. With family members, we can have the courage to face life again but the camp will continue to make us reflect on our predicament because there is no care as such no focus for one to engage himself or herself into doing something meaningful,” She added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Suspected Boko Haram Logistics Suppliers Arrested In Borno
Forum | 3 days ago

Suspected Boko Haram Logistics Suppliers Arrested In Borno

Police Crackdown On Gang R*ping Only Men In Lagos
Forum | 3 days ago

Police Crackdown On Gang R*ping Only Men In Lagos

Tension As Masked Armed Men Stormed Oyo Govt Secretariat
Forum | 4 days ago

Tension As Masked Armed Men Stormed Oyo Govt Secretariat

Young Couple Who Discovered They’re Siblings After a Year of Dating Refuse to End Relationship
Forum | 5 days ago

Young Couple Who Discovered They’re Siblings After a Year of Dating Refuse to End Relationship