Fun and Buzz as FCMB opens Flexx Hub in Zaria

Forum 7 years ago

Fun and Buzz as FCMB opens Flexx Hub in Zaria

On Friday, November 25, 2016, students of Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) were super- delighted as First City Monument Bank (FCMB) stormed the prestigious university for the grand opening of the Flexxhub.

This was just immediately after the school’s matriculation and it was awesome. As soon as the event started, the students who were already waiting for the kick-start, trooped out en-masse to the venue. Judging from the smile on their faces, one could tell how excited they were. Here are excerpts from the events:

The event featured talent hunt, treasure hunt, dance competitions, and so much more. Winners were also rewarded wholesomely! There was a lot to eat and drink, as well as enough music to thrill the students.

The Pro-Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Architect Mohammed Dewu; Vice Chancellor of the University, Professor Ibrahim Garba, Regional Director, Abuja & North of FCMB, Mr. Mustapha Lukman; Regional Retail Head, Mr. Sunday Egele; President of the Students Representative Council of ABU, Musa Lawal and a host of other dignitaries, were part of the ceremony.

Declaring the FlexxHub open, Mr. Lukman said, “Flexx is not just an account but a lifestyle platform that offers a customer experience centred on Fun, Future and Banking. The tripod of ‘FFB’ is served through digital channels that fit into the lifestyle of the Flexx target market.

This includes the Mobile App, a Microsite and an Online Account Opening platform, all of which allow a potential Flexx customer open an account with FCMB without necessarily having to visit a branch. What this physical structure of the Flexx Hub brings to you, our young customers, is the removal of the rigours of banking, so that members of the youth market are happy to come “Flexx @ The Hub” whenever the need arises. This is the second FlexxHub we are opening, with many more to be opened on campuses across Nigeria?.

Also speaking, the Vice Chancellor, Professor Garba, expressed gratitude to FCMB for bringing its excellent banking services to the school. According to him, “FCMB is the first financial institution to open a business office at ABU. This shows that the Bank is committed to the development of students, education and indeed the society. We look forward to more rewarding partnership with FCMB”.

The dignitaries, thereafter, cut the ribbon to signify the official opening of the Hub.

Some of the attendees at the event shared their excitement and showed appreciation to FCMB.

A student, who emerged as one of the winners of a smartphone, Master Bitrus Stephen, had this to say about the FCMB Flexx proposition: “Am so excited to have been one of the winners of the FCMB Flexx contest. I lost my smartphone two weeks ago and I have been thinking of how to buy another on

This gift from FCMB is a pleasant surprise and timely, because I opened the account with just N1,100. I really thank the Bank for giving me an opportunity to have a new phone and for also using the Flexx product to empower youths now and in the future”.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Oh What Fun Cast: Felicity Jones Joins Amazon’s Holiday Comedy Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Oh What Fun Cast: Felicity Jones Joins Amazon’s Holiday Comedy Movie

Enugu Mourns Junior Pope, Opens Condolence Register
Forum | 1 day ago

Enugu Mourns Junior Pope, Opens Condolence Register

The Fear Of Being Mocked Kept Me Silent – Nollywood Actor, Jamiu Azeez, Opens Op On Battle With Depression
Forum | 5 days ago

The Fear Of Being Mocked Kept Me Silent – Nollywood Actor, Jamiu Azeez, Opens Op On Battle With Depression

UCL: It’s the price you pay – Jesus opens up on Havertz taking his Arsenal spot
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: It’s the price you pay – Jesus opens up on Havertz taking his Arsenal spot