Goodluck Jonathan And Other Top Officials Pay Tribute To Dimgba Igwe

Forum 9 years ago

Goodluck Jonathan And Other Top Officials Pay Tribute To Dimgba Igwe

Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan and other top officials expressed shock over the tragic death of the prolific journalist, vice chairman of Sun newspaper, Dimgba Igwe.
Veteran Journalist, Dimgba Igwe
The sad news broke out yesterday, as it was reported that Mr Igwe had been knocked down by a car while he was jogging.

The victim died on the way to the hospital. The journalist was 58.
According to Premium Times, the country leader received the news with shock. As Jonathan paid tribute to Mr Igwe, the official statement read:
“As they mourn him, the president enjoins Mr. Igwe’s family, friends and associates to be consoled by the knowledge that he put his God-given abilities to the best possible … to the defense of truth and the public interest.”
Ex-Vice President Atiku Abubakar also condoled with the family saying that he grieved the loss of a friend:
“The demise of Dimba Igwe, who was a personal friend of mine will leave a huge hole in the spectrum of journalism profession in Nigeria.”

The opposition party All Progressives Congress (APC) in an official statement released after receiving the news about Dimgba Igwe’s death urged the police to find the hit-and-run driver and prosecute him.
Osun State governor Rauf Aregbesola mourned the passing of an outstanding journalist:
“His death brought back to mind in a flurry our last encounter. Last year I met him and his professional twin brother, Mike Awoyinfa. And after launch, we had a profound and robust discussion about a new Nigeria of their dream.”
Ibikunle Amosun, the governor of Ogun State, joined his colleague by recalling his last meeting with Mr Igwe:
“I recall the last time I saw him and Mike Awoyinfa, when they came to interview me. I feel so sad that such a thoroughbred journalist, who still had so much to give to the journalism profession and indeed the development of our country died in his prime.”
Late Mr Igwe was survived by his wife and 4 children.
Condolences to the family of Mr Igwe.
R.I.P.
Source: loadedpals.com

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Ernest Obi Reveals How Much Producers Pay Their PAs, Leads Procession For Late Junior Pope
Forum | 2 days ago

Ernest Obi Reveals How Much Producers Pay Their PAs, Leads Procession For Late Junior Pope

Young Sheldon Stars Share Tribute as Series Wraps Final Episode
Forum | 5 days ago

Young Sheldon Stars Share Tribute as Series Wraps Final Episode

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie
Forum | 6 days ago

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu
Forum | 1 week ago

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu