See the Fake Police Officer Arrested for Harassing Citizens in Benue State (Photo)

Forum 7 years ago

See the Fake Police Officer Arrested for Harassing Citizens in Benue State (Photo)

A man identified as Misa Mohammed who is a fake police officer and has been parading himself as an Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP), harassing unsuspecting members of the public has been caught in Benue state.

Spokesman of the command, Moses Joel Yamu, said the suspect was arrested at No.33, off Egume Street in Wadata area of Makurdi after the command detailed its men on his trail following a tip off.

Yamu said the suspect, whose real name was Misa Iorliam Francis, appeared to have been defrauded by an illegal recruitment syndicate and cautioned people against dealing with questionable characters promising them jobs.

Speaking to newsmen, the suspect said a certain police officer, Uche Paul, who he met in 2013 when he registered for the Joint Admissions Matriculation Board (JAMB) in Plateau State had allegedly masterminded his recruitment into the police academy.

“The man (Paul) took me to the police station and assured that he would recruit me. He later printed an acceptance letter which he gave me as the commencement of my training. He recommended books which I bought and he urged me to read them as part of my training for the four years I stayed there.

“I went back to my people who donated N130,000 which I gave to Paul. I have been collecting things such as money and food items from my people for him during the period. And when he told me that I was going to pass out on February 3, 2017, I organised my people who went to thank him while I also did a thanksgiving in the church,” he said.

The suspect, a native of Naka in Gwer local Government Area of Benue State, however admitted that he bought the uniform and gave it to an unsuspecting police tailor who sewed it for him.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
DSS Releases El-Rufai’s Ally Arrested Over Anti-Governor Sani Post
Forum | 6 hours ago

DSS Releases El-Rufai’s Ally Arrested Over Anti-Governor Sani Post

Peacemaker Season 2: James Gunn Shares Photo as Production Begins on DCU Series
Forum | 1 day ago

Peacemaker Season 2: James Gunn Shares Photo as Production Begins on DCU Series

No Regret Invading Oyo Govt House - Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators Say (Photo)
Forum | 1 day ago

No Regret Invading Oyo Govt House - Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators Say (Photo)

They Never Left Each Other - Social Media Users React To Soma’s Comment On Angel
Forum | 1 day ago

They Never Left Each Other - Social Media Users React To Soma’s Comment On Angel's Photo Amid Breakup Rumours