Is Viktoh’s Future A Threat Under YBNL? [Must Read For All YBNL Fans]

Forum 8 years ago

Is Viktoh’s Future A Threat Under YBNL? [Must Read For All YBNL Fans]

Once upon a time in April 2014, YBNL boss, Olamide announced the official signing of two new Bariga-bred local acts ‘Viktoh’ and ‘Lil Kesh’.

Olamide said he did this as part of his effort to give back to the hood that brought him up and help recognize and bring up fresh talents from the hood. True to his word, he got them off the street and their professional careers kicked off.

15 months after, Lil Kesh has grown to be a ‘superstar’ in his own rights. In just 6 months, November 2014 to be precise Lil Kesh fulfilled a lifelong dream when he was up on the stage along Davido and Olamide at the Channel O music video awards in South Africa. His chart topping song ‘Shoki’ became a viral song continent wide and has been nominated at several local and international awards.

Word on the street however has it that Viktoh introduced Lil Kesh to Olamide and convinced he YBNL boss how good he was before they both got signed.

(Viktoh and Lil Kesh when they were newly signed in April 2014)

Whispers around the industry are already comparing Viktoh’s experience at YBNL to the famous ‘Skales’ experience at E.M.E. Really and truly, Viktoh is talented but somehow something seems missing in his career, Much attention I guess.

OUR POINTS
* Is YBNL doing enough to push his music? Why does he seem to be left out at most of their gigs and performances? Why has he not done any major tour? Why has he not traveled with Olamide outside the shores of the country? Why is he not following the YBNL crew to their live concert in UK this October while new signees Adekunle Gold and Chinko Ekun will be there?

* Since Viktoh was signed in March 2014, he has dropped 3 official singles ‘Say dem say’, ‘All my ladies’ featuring Phyno and ‘Instagram Police’ featuring Olamide and Small Doctor, while Lil Kesh has dropped 7 songs and countless collaborations.

Like Skales, Viktoh is an equally talented artiste. Apart from his singing prowress, he also raps fluently in ‘Ishan’ (Edo State) language so he qualifies to be called an ‘Indigenous rapper’.
But he needs to focus more on making the right songs and more importantly ‘Promoting’ the songs well (Twitter and Instgram hype isn’t enough).

Guys, Over to You!!!

Your Comments is highly needed.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Ready or Not 2 Script Update Given by Director
Forum | 2 days ago

Ready or Not 2 Script Update Given by Director

My Collaboration With Rema Will Dictate Future of Nigerian Music – Pheelz
Forum | 5 days ago

My Collaboration With Rema Will Dictate Future of Nigerian Music – Pheelz