'Only a blind man would not vote Neuer'

Forum 9 years ago

'Only a blind man would not vote Neuer'

Germany legend Sepp Maier believes Bayern Munich goalkeeper Manuel Neuer deserves to win the Fifa Ballon d'Or more than Cristiano Ronaldoand Lionel Messi.

Ronaldo and Messi won the previous six editions of the prestigious individual award - with the Argentine scooping up the trophy four times against the Real Madrid star's two wins.

Maier, though, feels Neuer, who starred for Germany in their 2014 World Cup-winning campaign should be the overwhelming favourite this year.
[ads4]
"Blind people will have decided who wins the award if Neuer doesn't win the Ballon d'Or this year," Maier told loadedpals.

"He was crowned world champion and voted best goalkeeper in the world. You have to be part of a great team in order to achieve this and be among the best both nationally and internationally. This is all part of it and Neuer has it all.

"Of course, Messi and Ronaldo have been amazing for years. But Philipp Lahm and Arjen Robben have had great World Cups as well.

"Still, why should Neuer not win it? Neuer is a superb player. He is the most perfect goalkeeper in the world. He is great with crosses, always alert rushing off his line and has great reflexes as well. He can do anything. There is nothing for which I could criticise him."

No goalkeeper has won the Ballon d'Or since Lev Yashin won the award in 1963.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher
Forum | 2 days ago

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer
Forum | 2 days ago

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident
Forum | 2 days ago

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City