Alexis: Premier League better than La Liga & Serie A

Forum 9 years ago

Alexis: Premier League better than La Liga & Serie A

Alexis Sanchezsays that the Premier Leagueis tougher and more competitive than both La Liga and Serie A.
The Chile international established himself as one of the hottest properties in world football with his scintillating performances in Italy for Udinese and earned himself a move to Barcelona in 2011.
[ads4]
Alexis sparkled only sporadically in Catalunya before joining Arsenal for €40 million this summer and though he has flourished in England, netting 11 times in all competitions already, the 25-year-old insists that it has been a struggle to adapt because of the intensity of each and every game.
"The football played here is really tough – it's very difficult," the versatile attacker toldAS. "It's been a struggle to adapt.
"Out of all of the leagues I have played in, this is the toughest. I'm enjoying the challenge but it's anything but easy.
"There's not such a great difference between the teams. The clubs at the bottom of the table can complicate matters for those at the top.
"Every game is decided by some small, minor details and I really love that – it keeps you alert, on your toes."
Indeed, Alexis was dropped against Aston Villa and Tottenham due to Arsene Wenger's concerns over his adaptation to the club's famed passing game.
Goal has previously reported that Wenger is keen for him to play higher up the pitch and be more careful in possession, and the forward accepts that he has struggled with certain aspects of his game.
"Little by little I am gaining the confidence of my team-mates and we're getting to know each other better," Alexis explained.
"At first, I did struggle to understand them - to guess what spaces they would run into, their movements and what their gesturing meant.
"Now I know all of their virtues, I know more now what they are like and that makes me feel much more relaxed and allows me to enjoy my game more.
"Like anywhere else, first it's about getting to know your new surroundings, getting your bearings.
"Almost unconsciously, I started to memorise the movements of my favourite team-mates and starting to learn how to help them.
"I know that I still have a lot to improve on and they have let me know what areas need work: to spend less time on the ball, to play more one-touch passes to instigate counterattacks – that's vital.
"I need to continue learning because those quick-passing moves are key in the Premier League and especially at Arsenal."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman
Forum | 2 days ago

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman

UCL: Kylian Mbappe equals Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s Champions League record
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: Kylian Mbappe equals Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s Champions League record

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City