I'm still not 100 per cent fit, admits Arsenal star Ramsey

Forum 9 years ago

I'm still not 100 per cent fit, admits Arsenal star Ramsey

Aaron Ramsey has revealed his underwhelming recent form for Arsenalis the result of feeling in less than peak physical condition as he recovers from a hamstring injury.
Wales' spirited goalless Euro 2016 qualifying draw with Belgium was just Ramsey's third full match as he works his way back from the muscular problem he sustained in Arsenal's north London derby clash with Tottenham on September 27.
[ads4]
Ramsey's performances in recent weeks have attracted public criticism, with former Gunners star Charlie Nicolas accusing him of playing "Hollywood football", and Dietmar Hamann claiming he was more interested in scoring than "in the team's success" after Arsene Wenger's men surrendered a three-goal lead at home to Anderlecht in the Champions league.
But the Welshman has rejected the words of his detractors and is adamant he will get back to his best as soon as his body allows him to.
"It's going to take a few more games for me to get back to my best, but I'm not worried," he told reporters after the Belgium match. "I think certain criticism from people is a bit unfair."
"It was tough out there again but I'm not worried. I know my qualities and I've had a few injuries this season and I'm still getting back. I'll be honest and say I'm still not 100% physically there."
Ramsey also paid tribute to the defensive resilience shown by Wales in securing a result that leaves them unbeaten after four Euro 2016 qualifiers and on track to make their first ever tournament.
"We've had a great start and we still have a lot of work to do but we've given ourselves a great opportunity now," he added. "[It was] a brilliant performance defensively from us.
"We were under pressure for large periods of the game I felt we stuck together and that's something we've improved on dramatically in this campaign - we're hard to score against. We'd have taken a draw before the game so it's a good point in the end."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EPL: It’s not over yet – Declan Rice on title race after Arsenal defeat
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: It’s not over yet – Declan Rice on title race after Arsenal defeat

EPL: It’s gone 100% – Merson slams Arteta as Arsenal lose in title race
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: It’s gone 100% – Merson slams Arteta as Arsenal lose in title race

EPL: Two Arsenal players miss final training ahead of Aston Villa clash
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Two Arsenal players miss final training ahead of Aston Villa clash