Ronaldo: Fantastic Fergie told me I'm the best

Forum 9 years ago

Ronaldo: Fantastic Fergie told me I'm the best

ZURICH — FIFA Ballon d'Or winner Cristiano Ronaldorevealed that "fantastic" former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson reminds him regularly that he's the best in the world.

The Real Madrid forward was speaking after picking up his third Ballon d'Or award on Monday night and says he looks back on his time at Old Trafford fondly.

Ronaldo, who spent six years with the Red Devils, told reporters: "I think about Manchester United. The beginning of my career was there, that’s where I started.
[ads4]
I know the fans are there supporting me.
"I haven’t had a message from Sir Alex yet but I speak with him often. He told me to keep improving all the time. He said: 'Cristiano, you’re the best, don’t worry about the rest'.
"He’s fantastic, I miss him."
Ronaldo left Old Trafford at the age of 24 to move to Madrid, the club he supported as a boy, and has scored 285 goals in 274 games for the Blancos.
And although he is constantly linked by English media with a return to United, he went on to state his determination to add to the trophies he has already won in the Spanish capital, particularly after extending his stay at the European champions until 2018.
"I signed a new contract for many years so I am motivated to win more things for the club," he added

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 1 day ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi

Nancy Isime Reveals The Best Gift She Will Give to Anyone She Loves
Forum | 6 days ago

Nancy Isime Reveals The Best Gift She Will Give to Anyone She Loves

The Fantastic Four: Joseph Quinn Teases ‘Compelling’ & ‘Brilliant’ MCU Reboot
Forum | 1 week ago

The Fantastic Four: Joseph Quinn Teases ‘Compelling’ & ‘Brilliant’ MCU Reboot

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 1 week ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)