Cristiano Ronaldo gives his Twitter followers a guided tour of his house

Forum 8 years ago

“YOU’RE just too good to be true. Can’t take my eyes off you ...”

So go the opening lyrics to Frankie Valli’s 1967 hit single — a sentiment Cristiano Ronaldo knows all too much about.

It wouldn’t be a stretch to suggest the football superstar hums a few lines of Valli’s tune every now and again.

Only, when he says he can’t take his eyes off “you”, he’s probably looking into a mirror — God knows he’s got enough of them.

The Portuguese international tweeted a video to his 39.4 million followers recently wishing them a merry Christmas, and gave them a guided tour of his luxurious Madrid mansion at the same time.

While his house had all the usual trappings of a multi-millionaire’s pad — a pool, a football pitch and goals, several Christmas trees — there was something else that stood out about his interior design choices.

His not-quite-so-humble-abode was full of mirrors and other reflective surfaces.

We can only assume that means one thing — he doesn’t mind looking at himself for long periods of time.

The first scene upon being invited to join Ronaldo in his home sees him walking down a corridor flanked on both sides by mirrors — not so unusual, plenty of people have mirrors in corridors.

news.com.au

Sport
Sports Life
DECEMBER 24, 20152:48PM
Ronaldo sends a Christmas message to fans as he gives a tour of his house

Staff writersnews.com.au
“YOU’RE just too good to be true. Can’t take my eyes off you ...”

So go the opening lyrics to Frankie Valli’s 1967 hit single — a sentiment Cristiano Ronaldo knows all too much about.

It wouldn’t be a stretch to suggest the football superstar hums a few lines of Valli’s tune every now and again.

Only, when he says he can’t take his eyes off “you”, he’s probably looking into a mirror — God knows he’s got enough of them.

The Portuguese international tweeted a video to his 39.4 million followers recently wishing them a merry Christmas, and gave them a guided tour of his luxurious Madrid mansion at the same time.

While his house had all the usual trappings of a multi-millionaire’s pad — a pool, a football pitch and goals, several Christmas trees — there was something else that stood out about his interior design choices.

His not-quite-so-humble-abode was full of mirrors and other reflective surfaces.

We can only assume that means one thing — he doesn’t mind looking at himself for long periods of time.

The first scene upon being invited to join Ronaldo in his home sees him walking down a corridor flanked on both sides by mirrors — not so unusual, plenty of people have mirrors in corridors.

Opposition players spend plenty of time looking at Ronaldo as he zooms past them.
Opposition players spend plenty of time looking at Ronaldo as he zooms past them.Source:AFP
He then introduces us to the porcelain dog he loves so much “because it’s always quiet”. But wait, why can we see two dogs when he’s only mentioned one? Oh, right. Another mirror.

Then we get the privilege of entering the Real Madrid star’s room. Immediately on his right we have — yep, you guessed it — more mirrors that stretch on for several metres. But at least on his left he’s got — oh no, sorry, we were mistaken — they’re also mirrors.

Surely we’ll get something different when we get to his bed, won’t we? Yes, he’s got a not-at-all sleazy leopard print duvet and his headboard is — you’ve got to be kidding — a nice reflective headboard that doubles as a mirror.

And to top it all off, on the right side of his bed there is — drum roll please — another mirror!

“It’s one of the most important things in my life (his room) ... I spend nearly half a day here,” Ronaldo says in the video.

How he gets any sleeping done when he’s probably so occupied staring at his own reflection is beyond us.

Still, we should at least be grateful he hasn’t chucked a Warnie and got a mirror on his ceiling. Although the camera didn’t actually take a peek upwards ...

We then mosey on towards the kitchen where he’s got a giant reflective structure that also doubles as a table where he eats his meals, apparently.

“My chefs cook unbelievably for me, that’s why I look like that” he said with trademark modesty as he motioned to himself.

Thankfully we get outside into the fresh air where mirrors are nowhere to be seen. And then the winger goes and refers to himself in the third person — “And here is where Cristiano plays football.”

For all Ronaldo’s bravado and self-confidence off the field, at least he’s undoubtedly got the talent to back it up on the pitch.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
No Regret Invading Oyo Govt House - Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators Say (Photo)
Forum | 13 hours ago

No Regret Invading Oyo Govt House - Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators Say (Photo)

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident
Forum | 17 hours ago

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident

Gunmen Abduct Former Benue CoS’s Wife, House Help
Forum | 1 day ago

Gunmen Abduct Former Benue CoS’s Wife, House Help

Transfer: Expert speaks on Ronaldo leaving Al Nassr
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Expert speaks on Ronaldo leaving Al Nassr