Ballack: Kante needs to adapt

Forum 7 years ago

Ballack: Kante needs to adapt

The former Blues midfielder has hailed the France international's arrival at Stamford Bridge but has warned him he needs to adjust to life under the spotlight week-in week-out

Former Chelsea midfielder Michael Ballack says N'Golo Kante must adapt to the demands of a bigger club following his transfer from Leicester City.

The France international moved to Stamford Bridge for a reported £32 million fee after helping to inspire Leicester to last season's remarkable Premier League title win.

Kante made his full debut in the 2-1 win over West Ham on Monday and was widely praised for his performance, although he was arguably fortunate to escape a second yellow card for a challenge on Dimitri Payet in the closing stages.

Ballack, who won the Premier League and three FA Cups in a fine four-year spell with Chelsea, believes Kante was a shrewd signing by the Blues, but still has plenty to prove.

"Players were underperforming and I think that's why Chelsea made the right decision to buy this player, because he was a key player at Leicester," he told omnisport.

"Also, when I saw him play for the French team, he reminds me a bit of [Claude] Makelele in his style of play.

"I think he could give that team a solid basis which is necessary for the right balance of the team in terms of offensive and defensive.

"He's the right player, he seems the right player, he's a good buy but still he has to deliver and he has to show that also adapt to a bigger club and bigger expectations which is not easy. But I think on paper it's a good signing."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Rebecca Ferguson Discusses Mission: Impossible Exit: ‘It Needs to Be Worth It’
Forum | 1 week ago

Rebecca Ferguson Discusses Mission: Impossible Exit: ‘It Needs to Be Worth It’

Why Nigeria Needs Parliamentary System Of Govt – Peter Obi
Forum | 1 week ago

Why Nigeria Needs Parliamentary System Of Govt – Peter Obi

City on Fire: Challengers’ Justin Kuritzkes to Adapt Austin Butler-Led Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

City on Fire: Challengers’ Justin Kuritzkes to Adapt Austin Butler-Led Movie

I Know Liam Is My Grandson, But Wunmi Needs to Do the DNA Test – Mohbad’s Father
Forum | 3 weeks ago

I Know Liam Is My Grandson, But Wunmi Needs to Do the DNA Test – Mohbad’s Father