How To Easily Check Your Blog Load Time

Forum 9 years ago

How To Easily Check Your Blog Load Time

Your blog load time is the amount of time it takes your blog and its pages to load. The load time of your blog plays an important role in its growth, if your blog loads slowly readers won’t be happy, search engines won’t be happy and without those two your blog is likely not to succeed.

I personally won’t spend much time waiting for a webpage to load, if it isn’t loading fast i’ll hit the back button without thinking twice and i’m sure almost every reader does the same. Slow loading pages are extremely annoying.

Why You Need To Increase Your Blog Load Speed

Maintain Your Readers: On fast loading webpages readers tend to spend more time exploring the blog hereby decreasing its bounce rate. Slow loading pages on the other hand provides opposite results, you’ll hardly find a reader that will exceed 10mins waiting patiently for a webpage to load, 99% of readers will head back to the search results. In order to maintain your readers you need to have a reasonable blog load speed.

Have Your Pages Indexed Quickly: You might already know that Google considers the loading speed of a website or blog, it’s part of their search algorithm. If your webpages takes eternity to load, it gives search engine crawlers a hard time indexing them.

As a result of this your new pages will take longer before it shows up on search results and if your blog is very sluggish in loading, the pages might not get indexed. The logic here is simple, the faster your blog loads = the faster it’s indexed.

How To Check Your Blog Load Speed

The aim of this post is still to direct you on how to easily check your blog load time, but that won’t be much useful if you don’t know what the term “blog load time” is all about.

Now you’ve known how important your blog load time is, the next step is to discover the category your blog falls within. Is it the slow of fast loading type?

To check your blog speed we will be making use of Pingdom Website Speed Test. I use this free online tool occasionally and it’s great. All you are required to do is visit the website (tools.pingdom.com/fpt), enter your domain name and hit the “test now” icon. It’ll come-up with all you need to know about the loading time of your blog.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Junior Pope: It’s Time To Prioritise Actors’ Welfare - Actress, Hilda Dokubo Says
Forum | 6 days ago

Junior Pope: It’s Time To Prioritise Actors’ Welfare - Actress, Hilda Dokubo Says

Doctor Who Trailer Promises a Fun & Emotional Season for Ncuti Gatwa’s Titular Time Lord
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Doctor Who Trailer Promises a Fun & Emotional Season for Ncuti Gatwa’s Titular Time Lord

Fans Welcome Rema Like a King As He Visits Hometown For The First Time in 6 Years
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Fans Welcome Rema Like a King As He Visits Hometown For The First Time in 6 Years

He’s disappointed with lack of playing time in England team – Pochettino on Chelsea star
Forum | 3 weeks ago

He’s disappointed with lack of playing time in England team – Pochettino on Chelsea star