Kcee Explains How He Was Embarrased In The US Over The Missing Chibok Girls

Forum 9 years ago

Kcee Explains How He Was Embarrased In The US Over The Missing Chibok Girls

Limpopo star, Kcee, shared his experience during a press conference tagged Lighting Up The Unity Flame, in Lagos, earlier in the week.

“I was thoroughly embarrassed in the US a couple of days ago while I was on tour. In New York, the airport cab driver who took me to my hotel, as soon as he discovered I was Nigerian asked, ‘have they found those girls.’ I was so embarrassed I had nothing to say. Again it happened in Los Angeles when another cab man asked me the same question. Can you imagine a cab man saying that? It was very embarrassing and I realised that whether we like it or not, where ever we find ourselves in the world, we must defend the image of our country but we have to start from the very source of this problems.” According to the singer, it was a reflection of the fact that indeed a lot was wrong about the image of the country.Today it is Ebola, tomorrow it is Boko Haram and before you say jackie Robinson, its kidnapping. We all need to pull our resources together to make change, we have the capacity to do that.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Beetlejuice Beetlejuice: Geena Davis Explains Why She’s Not in Tim Burton’s Sequel
Forum | 3 days ago

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice: Geena Davis Explains Why She’s Not in Tim Burton’s Sequel

Missing 7-year-old Boy Found Dead In Kano
Forum | 4 days ago

Missing 7-year-old Boy Found Dead In Kano

Chibok Girls Abduction Has Left Scars On Lives Of Affected Victims, Their Families - Atiku
Forum | 4 days ago

Chibok Girls Abduction Has Left Scars On Lives Of Affected Victims, Their Families - Atiku

Sex Lives of College Girls Season 3 Adds New Series Regular to Cast
Forum | 5 days ago

Sex Lives of College Girls Season 3 Adds New Series Regular to Cast