Why I Did Not Remarry Since 1984 - Iya Rainbow

Forum 9 years ago

Why I Did Not Remarry Since 1984 - Iya Rainbow

Veteran Nollywood actress, Idowu Phillips popularly known as Iya Rainbow in a recent interview with Punch opens up on how life has been since the death of her husband in 1984.

Veteran Actress, Idowu Phillips aka Iya Rainbow
The top actress, Iya Rainbow said:“I didn’t re-marry because many men are liars and I don’t like that. They come to your house, feel comfortable, you cook for them and probably have sex with them and then they say ‘I would see you tomorrow,’ but you will never see them again. I don’t like that. It is better for someone to carry one’s cross. It is just that it is not easy to raise children.

I advise widows to walk in my footsteps, I know it is not easy not to re-marry but with prayers, God would help them. For instance, if I had re-married, I probably would have had other children and I would be the one to see them through school at my old age and the man might even leave me. I thought about all these and I decided to face parenthood.”
[ads4]
The 72-year-old Lagos born actress, who has spent 45 years on stage lost her husband in 1984 after battling with a sickness for about two and a half.

Iya Rainbow also said although she gets suitors, they end up running away once they see the number of her children.
Speaking on if she hasn’t had sex since the death of her husband said:

“Then, I did not even remember that I am a woman. I pray no one goes through what I went through. Then, the only time I remembered that I am a woman was when I wanted to ease myself. husband to me”.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Give Her A Break, Did She Choose To Be Born Into A Razz Environment Or Family? - Etinosa Fires Back At Nigerians Attacking Phyna
Forum | 6 hours ago

Give Her A Break, Did She Choose To Be Born Into A Razz Environment Or Family? - Etinosa Fires Back At Nigerians Attacking Phyna

Iyabo Ojo Begs Sanwo-Olu, Security Over Mohbad Mother’s Safety
Forum | 4 days ago

Iyabo Ojo Begs Sanwo-Olu, Security Over Mohbad Mother’s Safety

Remarry After Mohbad
Forum | 1 week ago

Remarry After Mohbad's One-Year Remembrance. Ignore Those Asking for DNA — Isaac Fayose Tells Wunmi

Iyabo Ojo advises women to pray for a mother-in-law like Mohbad’s mother
Forum | 1 week ago

Iyabo Ojo advises women to pray for a mother-in-law like Mohbad’s mother