ALBUM REVIEW: M.I Abaga – The Chairman

Forum 9 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: M.I Abaga – The Chairman

Rick Ross once said, a master mind is one that feeds people off his talent, that is what Jude “M.I” Abaga has done.

This J-town rapper dropped his third studio album “The Chairman” which had almost every A-list artistes in Nigeria. The 17-track album was filled with tunes upon tunes sounding like Djinee.

First thing that showed the album was a masterpiece track listing which was accurately opposite in word to the opposite song. The Intro skit was awesomely crafted, told a story in a amusing way.

The beat, mixing and mastering was heavenly. It was so coherent that I was Awed by its perfection. He carefully selected the producers that fits each song, from Sarz to Pheelz to Reinhard.
[ads4]
Obviously, M.I keeps getting better as the year passes, every album surpasses the previous, the album should have been titled “MasterMind” because it was absolutely a “Masterpiece”.

After all, M.I’s absence from the music industry for a while was for a good reason. He realised we weren’t ready for it so he kept on perfecting the album which had a compilation of so many genres of music, showcasing Hip Hop, Pop, Techno, Indigenous & DanceHall with uniformity. You can’t pick out a favourite, every song can pass a No 1.

Its a perfect album which can be exported as a Commodity. Its a Five over Five for me. THE CHAIRMAN

-Joseph Abalokwu

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Zinoleesky Shades Haters, Announces New Album Release Date on IG Live
Forum | 1 hour ago

Zinoleesky Shades Haters, Announces New Album Release Date on IG Live

Fans Overjoyed As Ayra Starr Hints At New Album Release
Forum | 1 hour ago

Fans Overjoyed As Ayra Starr Hints At New Album Release

PDP To Elect New Chairman In August
Forum | 3 days ago