Ozil gets honour for donating World Cup bonus for surgery of Brazilian children

Forum 9 years ago

Ozil gets honour for donating World Cup bonus for surgery of Brazilian children

Ozil gives a speech after donating his World Cup bonus to fund the surgery of 23 seriously ill Brazilian children.

Arsenal star, Mesut Ozilwho played an essential part in helping Germany win the2014 World Cup in Brazil, has been awarded a Laureus Sport for Good award by Laureus Media after donating his bonus earned from the tournament to assist 23 Brazilian children’s surgery.

The former Real Madrid star donated his $400,000 due to him for the operations and was presented with the award by German media personalityWolfram Konsat the 10th Laureus Media Award ceremony, held on Wednesday, November 12, 2014, in Berlin .

Speaking at the award ceremony, after receiving his award, he said: ‘We had the idea to help 23 children, because we had 23 players in the Germany World Cup squad’, ‘and they underwent surgery, which was successful. I am very thankful. The doctors did a great job. I am very happy because it goes well for the children.’
[ads4]
Speaking further, Ozil said ‘This award will get a very special place at my home.’

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Twilight of the Gods: Zack Snyder’s Animated Netflix Series Gets Release Date Window
Forum | 2 days ago

Twilight of the Gods: Zack Snyder’s Animated Netflix Series Gets Release Date Window

Russell Crowe Exorcism Movie The Georgetown Project Gets New Title, Distributor
Forum | 2 days ago

Russell Crowe Exorcism Movie The Georgetown Project Gets New Title, Distributor

Man Dies After His Wife Forced Him To Undergo A Surgery In India To Stop Him From Snoring
Forum | 2 days ago

Man Dies After His Wife Forced Him To Undergo A Surgery In India To Stop Him From Snoring

SPORT 2 hours ago FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino
Forum | 4 days ago

SPORT 2 hours ago FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino