Charles Novia writes Chika Ike’s Manager, Serah Donald a strong worded letter

Forum 9 years ago

Charles Novia writes Chika Ike’s Manager, Serah Donald a strong worded letter

You can say what you want but Charles Novia will always be Charles Novia.

Just barely 2 weeks after actress Chika Ike’s manager, Serah Donald took controversial filmmaker and critic, Charles Novia to the cleaners, following an article he posted on his blog.

Novia has hit back at the former, calling her an ‘industry lap-dog.’ Charles published his grand, strong worded reply on his blog.

I have mulled a bit about how to put out a riposte to a character called Serah Donald who went on an uncouth rage against my person on social media recently.
My first reaction was to ignore her as I saw through the statement that she really had nothing to say but perhaps wanted to gain some little fame through an open insult directed at me. And so I did.
But in retrospect (and knowing that most things put out on social media are usually
twisted the other way to suit such whims, as it were) I decided not to really let it rest but to perhaps give a riposte on some of her rabid tirades.

I use the word ‘rabid’ because the impression I have of this Serah, which still persists, is that she is somewhat of an industry lap-dog and one whom I have met formally only twice in my life and fleetingly too because I did not want some of her fleas around me.

I was introduced to her in 2007 in Los Angeles while I was attending a film industry convention on Nollywood where I was one of the Speakers on the positive trajectory of an evolving Nollywood. I vaguely remember some less-than-Plain-Jane looking lady staring at me in a manner which unsettled me a bit. To her, it could her been a fawning look but to me, from my perspective, it looked like a deviant character from a horror movie giving me the looks! It was my good friend, Stephanie Okereke ( now Linus) who was graduating from the New York Film Academy that period, who formally introduced her to me before I understood why she was awestruck.
[ads4]
‘It is a great honour to meet you, Sir’, Serah said and went on to gush about how she was a big fan of my movies and actually reeled out some of my hit titles she had watched. I believe I was told then that was a student of the New York Film School at Stephanie’s flat in Los Angeles where this Serah was perhaps squatting or was somewhat of a personal maid or something I can’t be bothered to remember .
I completely forgot about this young lady and never saw her again till sometime in 2013 in an event organised by the Tourism Ministry at the Civic Centre in Lagos. I pride myself in having a retentive memory for faces and when Serah and her Principal, Chika Ike, walked up to my table to greet me, I instantly remembered her face, though now overtly padded with some hideous make-up. We exchanged pleasantries and she took my number.
I took the pains to reconstruct how I know this young lady so as to put to rest any other misinterpretation by the usual busybodies. And also to dismiss her silly insinuation in her statement that I was the one who met her in California! On reading her guttersnipe against my person, the first thought which crossed my mind was that perhaps her Principal, Chika Ike, might actually be in cahoots with her in putting out that statement because if, as Serah claims, she is Chika’s ‘Manager’, (who in this clime and industry are usually glorified messengers) it might be the case of the tail wagging the dog.
This Serah Donald crossed a line of decorum by calling me names. That is not new within the circle of her ilk who are sometimes critiqued by me in professional articles but what is irksome is her blatant disregard for seniority within the industry. Whilst her lack of manners is actually a vindication of one’s perception that she actually might be obtuse by inclination, it also is proof of lack of home training. And such reduces the value of a Lady’s Bride Price in this part of the world, for any unlucky Gentleman in her regard.
What does one really say to an errant cretin, notorious from feelers for being an industry groupie who finally found anchorage on the muddy shores of one whom she claims to manage? If posting pictures of an average actress who mistakes facial recognition for ‘stardom’ in the belief that the public must be forced to reckon with the ‘arrival’ of her Principal in the social circuits, is what makes her a Manager or perhaps a Publicist, it goes to show the shallow mentality behind such reasoning.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Man Sets Himself On Fire Outside US Court During Ex-President, Donald Trump’s Trial
Forum | 4 days ago

Man Sets Himself On Fire Outside US Court During Ex-President, Donald Trump’s Trial

Who Be Your Papa? – Nollywood Actor, Emeka Ike Blasts Alleged Son Who Left School For Music
Forum | 6 days ago

Who Be Your Papa? – Nollywood Actor, Emeka Ike Blasts Alleged Son Who Left School For Music

Israel DMW Writes As He Poses With Cubana Chiefpriest After He Was Granted Bail
Forum | 6 days ago

Israel DMW Writes As He Poses With Cubana Chiefpriest After He Was Granted Bail

Charles Okocha Excited As He
Forum | 1 week ago

Charles Okocha Excited As He's Honoured With Award by Mayor of Brampton in Canada