I knew I wasn’t going to win at the Channel O Music Video Awards’ – Davido

Forum 9 years ago

I knew I wasn’t going to win at the Channel O Music Video Awards’ – Davido

Davido still feels cheated at the recently-held Channel O Music Video Awards. Photo: Filed
Without doubt,HKN boss,Davidoenjoyed a remarkable year in 2014 as he has so far won a total of 23 different awards in the year which includes theHeadies,BET, MTV, NEAawards among several others.

In a recent chat with NET, he was asked which is his favourite award among those won in the year and he said: ‘I don’t want to discredit any award show, I got 23 awards this year but the one I really wanted to get was the BET and I finally got it.’
[ads4]
It wasn’t just all winning for Davido, he was nominated in a couple of awards like The Soul Train Awards, MOBO awards and most notably the Channel O Music Video Awards where he got 5 nominations but didn’t win any.

Reacting to this, Davido said ‘Everybody knew that it was planned, I even knew before the award show but I just had to perform for my boy, Lil Kesh but I knew before the award show that I wasn’t going to win.’

When NET probed further on how he came to know before the day that he wouldn’t win, Davido said: ‘Somebody told that they’ve gone funny and changed the names but it’s all good I’m still cool with them, I have Channel O Music Video Awards that I have won before. So they are trying to say MTV and BET are wrong, basically 17 million views compared to 600,000 views, do the math.’

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
2face Doesn’t Live With His Sons, Burna Boy May Never Give Birth, Davido Kills Every Male Child He Comes Across - Brymo Makes Shocking Claims
Forum | 2 days ago

2face Doesn’t Live With His Sons, Burna Boy May Never Give Birth, Davido Kills Every Male Child He Comes Across - Brymo Makes Shocking Claims

Davido Reveals Fate Of Peruzzi, Other DMW Artists As He Launches New Record Label
Forum | 2 days ago

Davido Reveals Fate Of Peruzzi, Other DMW Artists As He Launches New Record Label

EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves

SPORTFA Cup: It’s unacceptable – Guardiola reacts to 1-0 win over Chelsea
Forum | 3 days ago

SPORTFA Cup: It’s unacceptable – Guardiola reacts to 1-0 win over Chelsea