PSG president Nasser al-Khelaifi charged in connection with bribing former FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke

Forum 4 years ago

PSG president Nasser al-Khelaifi charged in connection with bribing former FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/d1d3c34b724d99af62ad21ac54aba5d5.jpg

Nasser al-Khelaifi, the president of French football club Paris Saint-Germain has been charged in connection with bribing the former FIFA secretary general, Jerome Valcke. 

The former FIFA secretary-general, who is currently banned from football was also charged with accepting bribes over World Cup television rights.

A press release from the Swiss Attorney General's office read: 'The OAG has charged Valcke with accepting bribes, several counts of aggravated criminal mismanagement and falsification of documents. 

'The facts in this indictment are no longer characterised as fraud. Al-Khelaifi and the third accused are charged with indicting Valcke to commit aggravated criminal mismanagement. The third accused is also charged with bribery.'

Valcke, who was the right-hand man to disgraced former FIFA president Sepp Blatter for eight years was banned from football for 12 years back in 2016. 

At that time, he found guilty of misconduct over the sale of World Cup tickets, abuse of travel expenses, attempting to sell TV rights below their market value and destruction of evidence.  

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 1 day ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat
Forum | 1 day ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat

BREAKING: Suspected Terrorists Kill Ruling PDP Secretary In Zamfara State
Forum | 2 days ago

BREAKING: Suspected Terrorists Kill Ruling PDP Secretary In Zamfara State

I Am Alive, Hale, Hearty – Fuji Maestro, General Killington
Forum | 2 days ago

I Am Alive, Hale, Hearty – Fuji Maestro, General Killington