Chief Of Staff Job: I’m unemployable, says Ismaila Isa Funtua

Forum 4 years ago

Chief Of Staff Job: I’m unemployable, says Ismaila Isa Funtua

Second Republic Minister and Elder Statesman, Alhaji Ismaila Isa Funtua, 78, has advised those linking him with the post of Chief of Staff, CoS, to President Muhammadu Buhari, to look elsewhere.

Citing his reason that he is unemployable and not interested.

A national newspaper yesterday tipped him as one of the favourites for the post of Chief of Staff to succeed late Abba Kyari, who died of COVID-19 and was buried last Saturday.

Speaking on the issue on Sunday, Alhaji Funtua, who was Administrative Officer, Katsina Native Authority, for seven years, Minister of Water Resources in the defunct Second Republic, a member of the 1994-1995 Constitutional Conference, and founder of Bulet International Nigeria Limited (the largest wholly owned indigenous construction company), said he was not interested in the post.

While reacting to the report tipping him for the Chief of staff post, he laughed it off, saying: ”I am an employer of labour and, therefore, unemployable.

”I was a minister in 1983. What position will I be interested in now? I am embarrassed that a national newspaper could display such level of ignorance by connecting me with the Chief of Staff job.” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Galactus Actor Ralph Ineson Says ‘He’ll See What He Can Do’ in The Fantastic Four
Forum | 1 hour ago

Galactus Actor Ralph Ineson Says ‘He’ll See What He Can Do’ in The Fantastic Four

Police arrest suspect who killed KEDCO staff in Kano
Forum | 8 hours ago

Police arrest suspect who killed KEDCO staff in Kano

Actress Lola Alao Recounts Humiliating Slap While Doing Caregiver Job in Canada
Forum | 6 days ago

Actress Lola Alao Recounts Humiliating Slap While Doing Caregiver Job in Canada

Isabela Merced’s Anxiety Informed Her Turtles All the Way Down Performance
Forum | 1 week ago

Isabela Merced’s Anxiety Informed Her Turtles All the Way Down Performance