Man United Legend Paul Scholes Reveals 2 Footballers That Play Exactly Like Him

Forum 3 years ago

Man United Legend Paul Scholes Reveals 2 Footballers That Play Exactly Like Him

Former Manchester United and England midfielder Paul Scholes thinks Real Madrid duo Luka Modric and Toni Kroos are the two modern-day footballers whose style of play is closest to his own.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/58a2f0a6aad7f152707500fd8502c4be.jpg

Scholes was a key figure for United throughout his career, helping them win multiple domestic and continental trophies, with an ability to connect play through the middle from deep as well as breaking forward with a knack for scoring spectacular goals.

Looking at midfielders in the modern game, Scholes is full of admiration for Modric and Kroos, and thinks they are his natural successors in the way they play the game.

Scholes told the BBC :

“I’d like to think I played a little bit like Luka Modric. He’s different to me because he was quicker than me, he can beat a man, but I see certain traits in him, like controlling a game.

“It’s probably more towards Toni Kroos, as a passer and more of a controlling player. He doesn’t really get involved physically with people and scores the odd goal here and there. I think if I had to choose between the two I’d be more like Kroos than Modric.

“When I watch those two for Real Madrid in those great European Cup winning teams, they’re the two.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Korra Obidi’s Ex, Justin Dean Laments as 4-year-old Daughter Twerks Like Mother
Forum | 2 hours ago

Korra Obidi’s Ex, Justin Dean Laments as 4-year-old Daughter Twerks Like Mother

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 2 hours ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 2 hours ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife
Forum | 4 hours ago

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife