Eid-el-fitr: Religious Places In Kwara Remain Shut Till Further Notice – Gov Abdulrazaq

Forum 3 years ago

Eid-el-fitr: Religious Places In Kwara Remain Shut Till Further Notice – Gov Abdulrazaq

Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq of Kwara State on Saturday reminded Muslim faithful in the state that the “ban on large social and religious gatherings remain in place as part of the measures to combat the community spread of coronavirus pandemic.”

In his Eid-el-fitr message to Muslims to mark the end of the holy month of Ramadan, Governor Abdulrazaq called on Muslims to observe their two rakat Eid prayers at home as the ban on large social and religious gatherings remain in place.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/ad5f77b760a6f6f55b2f6b2b38459972.jpg

In a statement by his spokesman, Rafiu Ajakaye in Ilorin, the governor said, “Ramadan was a complete and sincere submission to the will of God. It served to purify our souls and train us to be disciplined, selfless, and conscious of our creator.

“We beseech Kwarans and indeed Nigerians to internalize the takeaways and let them guide our daily existence for the sake of humanity.

“As the fast ends today, we repeat that the 2020 Ramadan came at an extraordinary time of human existence during which we are to temper certain rights and privileges to preserve the human race against the ravaging deadly Coronavirus (Covid-19),” he declared.

“To that extent,” he added, “there shall be no large gatherings for congregational Eid prayers or other large social gatherings in Kwara State this year.”

He said all religious places will remain shut until further notice, while all malls and other related places are to prevent such conditions or interactions that can spread the virus.

“All of these are in line with the COVID-19 safety protocols which have been designed solely to flatten the curve of transmission and protect the people,” he explained.

Also, in his message to the people of the state, the Commissioner of Police, Mr Kayode Egbetokun, admonished all citizens to celebrate in peace while not losing sight of the danger posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, hence the need for all to adhere strictly to all safety protocols, stay at home, safe, and be law-abiding.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
People Inciting Me to Probe Gov Yusuf – Kano Anti-graft Agency Chair
Forum | 3 hours ago

Forum | 3 hours ago

Scores Rendered Homeless As Rainstorm Wreaks Havoc In Kwara Community
Forum | 3 days ago

Scores Rendered Homeless As Rainstorm Wreaks Havoc In Kwara Community

Ruth Kadiri Narrates How Regina Daniels, Her Mom And Others Stayed Till 3 am Trying To Save Junior Pope
Forum | 4 days ago

Ruth Kadiri Narrates How Regina Daniels, Her Mom And Others Stayed Till 3 am Trying To Save Junior Pope