Harry Redknapp Finally Speaks On Being Nigeria’s New Coach

Forum 3 years ago

Harry Redknapp Finally Speaks On Being Nigeria’s New Coach

Former Tottenham Hotspur and Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp has debunked speculation linking him to the Nigeria job.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/5a053956edc16ae5bc59b1c84d452600.jpg

The Englishman was rumoured to have been contacted to take over from Gernot Rohr in the event where the Franco-German tactician fails to secure a new deal with the Super Eagles.

However, on Tuesday, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) confirmed they have reached an agreement with Rohr to continue as coach of the three-time African champions.

In his reaction, Redknapp laughed off the claims, joking he would sell his house and leave for Africa along with his wife.

“Yeah, well I spoke to Sandra and she’s always wanted to live in Nigeria,” Redknapp told talkSPORT.

“She said it’s amazing that this has come up now, because that was her dream. So we’re looking to sell up, we’re putting the house on the market. We’re looking to get somewhere over there if possible. I’m sure, she’d love it there. I’ve told her, she’d absolutely love it. I’m ready to go!”

Speaking seriously, Redknapp added:

“I actually went there a few years ago with Portsmouth, we played Manchester United, but I don’t think I’ll really be going back.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nigerian Army Neutralizes Three Bandits In Benue, Confirms Rescue Of Pregnant Chibok Girl And Her 3 Children From Terrorists
Forum | 25 mins ago

Nigerian Army Neutralizes Three Bandits In Benue, Confirms Rescue Of Pregnant Chibok Girl And Her 3 Children From Terrorists' Captivity

Nigerian Police Arrest Suspected Vandal, Recover Stolen Cables In Enugu
Forum | 38 mins ago

Nigerian Police Arrest Suspected Vandal, Recover Stolen Cables In Enugu

I’m Only GOAT in Nigeria – Davido
Forum | 1 hour ago

I’m Only GOAT in Nigeria – Davido

The Fall Guy Gets Meta in New Videos for Ryan Gosling, Emily Blunt Action Movie
Forum | 1 hour ago

The Fall Guy Gets Meta in New Videos for Ryan Gosling, Emily Blunt Action Movie