Barcelona Games Without Fans Will Be Strange – Griezmann

Forum 3 years ago

Barcelona Games Without Fans Will Be Strange – Griezmann

Barcelona forward Antoine Griezmann admitted it would be “very strange” to play behind closed doors.

The La Liga leaders will resume their season with a trip to Mallorca on June 13 amid the coronavirus pandemic, which led to the campaign being suspended in March.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/414eb72c43fb297e3c7a1fe29cf4edeb.jpg

Griezmann said there was no doubt it would be unusual to play with no fans in attendance due to Covid-19.

“The first game will be in Mallorca, but it will be very strange to play without an audience,” he said during a conversation on Twitch on Thursday. “It will be the first time I have experienced something like this.”

With 11 games left to play in La Liga, Barcelona hold a two-point lead over rivals Real Madrid.

Griezmann, who has scored 14 goals in 37 games this season, said he made the most of family time during the suspension of the campaign.

“I had never been so long stopped,” he said. “Yes, it is true that during these days I was able to enjoy my children.”

Since arriving from Atletico Madrid, the France international has come under some criticism for his performances but Barcelona legend Andres Iniesta has backed him to step up.

“Griezmann and the rest of the new players that arrive every year need time,” Iniesta told Marca.

“They have enormous talent and will definitely end up triumphing and making a place for themselves in this team where it is not easy to play.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Fans Overjoyed As Ayra Starr Hints At New Album Release
Forum | 1 day ago

Fans Overjoyed As Ayra Starr Hints At New Album Release

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka
Forum | 1 day ago

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka

Pray For Khaid - Sydney Talker Urges Fans Amid Hospitalization
Forum | 4 days ago

Pray For Khaid - Sydney Talker Urges Fans Amid Hospitalization

Godzilla Minus One’s First Streaming Release Date Confirmed But US Fans Left Waiting
Forum | 1 week ago

Godzilla Minus One’s First Streaming Release Date Confirmed But US Fans Left Waiting