Kogi State Government Finally Relaxes Lockdown In Kabba-bunu

Forum 3 years ago

Kogi State Government Finally Relaxes Lockdown In Kabba-bunu

Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State, on Friday, relaxed the two-week lockdown imposed on Kabba-Bunu Local Government Area of the state.

Bello had last month imposed a lockdown in Kabba-Bunu local government area, following an outbreak of COVID-19.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/804349a04c89c7df9a99c169fc811e2f.jpg

However, the governor explained that the lockdown was relaxed due to the timely completion of contact tracing.

Addressing a press conference, the Governor maintained that his state remained COVID-19 free, NAN reports.

Bello commended residents of Kabba-Bunu Local Government Area for cooperating with the state medical team during the contact tracing exercise.

He said:

“We have concluded contact-tracing, carried out extensive tests on the members of their family, and they all came back negative. As far as we are concerned, the state is free from COVID-19.

“While we have no reason to doubt the professional competence of the centre, we call for more professionalism in handling the issue of the pandemic.

“I want to place on record the appreciation of the state government to the people of Kabba-Bunu for their cooperation, and security agencies who enforced it without any incident of molestation.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Wike: You’ve Dug Your Pits by Disrespecting Me – Fubara to Local Government Chairmen
Forum | 5 days ago

Wike: You’ve Dug Your Pits by Disrespecting Me – Fubara to Local Government Chairmen

Fubara, Not Wike Is The New Political Leader Of Rivers State - Odili
Forum | 6 days ago

Fubara, Not Wike Is The New Political Leader Of Rivers State - Odili

National Inland Waterways Authority GM Slumps And Dies In Kogi After Leading Early Morning Prayer At Mosque
Forum | 1 week ago

National Inland Waterways Authority GM Slumps And Dies In Kogi After Leading Early Morning Prayer At Mosque

APC Chairman Ganduje Reacts As Kano Government Files 8-Count Charge Against Him For ‘Receiving $200k’ From Contractor
Forum | 1 week ago

APC Chairman Ganduje Reacts As Kano Government Files 8-Count Charge Against Him For ‘Receiving $200k’ From Contractor