Racism Is The Only Disease We Are Fighting Right Now – Man City Star Sterling

Forum 3 years ago

Racism Is The Only Disease We Are Fighting Right Now – Man City Star Sterling

Manchester City winger Raheem Sterling says tackling racism is the most important issue society faces.

The 25-year-old voiced his support of the anti-racism protests that have spread across the United States and Europe in response to George Floyd’s death.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/131cf6c2f7e27f2f7288f42d84774da3.jpg

Although the coronavirus pandemic is still going on, large crowds have gathered in cities all over the world to call for action against police brutality and discrimination.

Sterling says standing up to racism is more important than the danger posed by Covid-19 and urged people to do it peacefully.

“I know this might sound a little bit cheesy but the only disease right now is the racism that we are fighting,” Sterling told BBC Newsnight.

“This is the most important thing at this moment in time because this is something that is happening for years and years.

“Just like the pandemic, we want to find a solution to stop it.

“At the same time, this is what all these protesters are doing. They are trying to find a solution and a way to stop the injustice they are seeing, and they are fighting for their cause.

“As long as they are doing it peacefully and safely and not hurting anybody and not breaking into any stores, they continue to protest in this peaceful way.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
SPORT 3 hours ago EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 2 days ago

SPORT 3 hours ago EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

Yellowjackets Star Teases Shauna’s Season 3 Storyline
Forum | 2 days ago

Yellowjackets Star Teases Shauna’s Season 3 Storyline

LaKeith Stanfield to Star in Video Game Adaptation El Paso, Elsewhere
Forum | 2 days ago

LaKeith Stanfield to Star in Video Game Adaptation El Paso, Elsewhere

I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi
Forum | 3 days ago

I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi