NA WA OO!! Augsburg Striker Blames Missed Penalty On Lack Of Crowd Noise

Forum 3 years ago

NA WA OO!! Augsburg Striker Blames Missed Penalty On Lack Of Crowd Noise

Augsburg striker Florian Niederlechner believes the lack of crowd noise contributed to his penalty miss during a 1-1 draw against Koln.

Niederlechner saw his spot-kick saved in the 27th minute by Timo Horn in the Bundesliga match played behind-closed-doors on Sunday.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/50ca0ad24844e9181aa56294a6965a36.jpg

The 29-year-old felt the eerily quiet ‘ghost’ atmosphere at Augsburg Arena made his chance to open the scoring a difficult one.

“I made the biggest mistake you can make as a penalty taker. Crappy ghost games,” Niederlechner said post-match.

As Niederlechner was preparing to take the penalty, a Koln player told Horn that the Augsburg forward likes to shoot in the right corner.

After hearing the exchange between his opponents, Niederlechner decided to shoot away from his preferred side, with Horn diving full stretch to make the save.

“Actually, my corner is on the right, every time. I let the situation really influence me,” Niederlechner said. “I was often the hero. Today I was the fool.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat

UCL: You didn’t perform – Rio Ferdinand blames Mbappe for 3-2 defeat to Barcelona
Forum | 2 weeks ago

UCL: You didn’t perform – Rio Ferdinand blames Mbappe for 3-2 defeat to Barcelona

Transfer: Napoli identify top striker to replace Osimhen
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Transfer: Napoli identify top striker to replace Osimhen

EPL: Rooney blames two Man Utd players for 2-2 draw with Liverpool
Forum | 2 weeks ago

EPL: Rooney blames two Man Utd players for 2-2 draw with Liverpool