Top 10 Throwback Songs in Nigeria (2006 - 2009)

Forum 3 years ago

Top 10 Throwback Songs in Nigeria (2006 - 2009)

Top 10 Throwback Songs in Nigeria 2020. Nigerian music industry has been in existence prior to my birth. Our fathers had some fine tunes for their wedding ceremonies and even for hang outs. The progressive nature of the industry is what makes it enticing.

Just before the HD cameras where introduced and the quest to earn massive numbers on streaming platforms, a lot of artists in the past has sold albums and singles only on CD tapes. One or two decades ago, some artists could not really make much from their materials due to piracy. Today, the streaming platforms have helped to slim down the piracy rate giving these young talents an awesome advantage.

Without going further, here are the Top 10 Throwback Naija Songs this week.

1. Duncan Mighty – Obianuju

Super talented Port Harcourt singer, Duncan Mighty dished out this amazing material in 2011. The track released 9 years ago still bangs. Duncan Mighty sings about a new girl whose beauty is astonishing. The song had so many airplays back in the days and was also in his fourth studio album “Grace and Talent” released in 2014.

Download: Duncan Mighty – Obianuju

2. 2Baba – “If Love is a Crime”

“Every time that I look into your eyes, I see fire in there (In there). And if you look into my eyes, you see desire in there (Desire in there)”, 2Baba says as he ushers in his amazing vocals on this one. ‘If Love is a Crime’ was another monster hit released by the legendary singer in 2006. The also was also part of the hits in his sophomore LP album “Grass to Grace”.

Download: 2Baba – “If Love is a Crime”

3. Timaya – “Dem Mama”

At a time when Port Harcourt haboured most of the stars, Timaya sang about the indecent treatments giving to his people in a song titled “Dem Mama”. Inetimi Timaya Odon dished out the new tune along with his debut album “True Story” released in 2007.The ‘Plantain boy’ as he was fondly called sold out his debut album and the lyrical contents of “Dem Mama” was just enough to cement his entry into the music scene.

Download: Timaya – “Dem Mama”

4. Psquare – “E No Easy” Feat. J Martins

In 2009, the defunct music duo, P-Square dished out one of the best wedding songs of all time tagged “E No Easy”. The song was also in album “Danger”.

Quoted Lyrics: Even if you no get money, eh eh eh
Dey jolly dey shake body, ah ah ah
No need to dey tear body”

Download E No Easy” Feat. J Martins

5. DBanj – “Oliver Twist”

This was another monster hit single released in 2012. The video featured Kanye West and other prominent stars. D Banj released ‘Oliver Twist’ as the first single from DB Records' compilation album, D'Kings Men released in 2013.

Download: Dbanj  – “Oliver Twist”

6. Wizkid – “Pakurumo”

Off his Superstar album, Wizid dished out “Pakurumo” a single atht still bangs even after 9 years. The colourful video was directed by Clarence Peters and Banky W.

Download: Wizkid – “Pakurumo”

7. Naeto C – “Kini Big Deal” feat. Ikechukwu

Sorry to say but you are actually a kid if you didn’t vibe to this song. The chemistry between Naeto C and Ikechukwu on this one was the difference. “Kini Big Deal” released in 2008 was one of the anthems as of that time. The vibe is electrifying.

Download: Naeto C – “Kini Big Deal” feat. Ikechukwu

8. Faze – “Originality”

Khaki no be leather
Originality
Na we own the society
I get ability…”
, Faze started of on this one. The lead single off his third studio album “Originality” was released in 2008.

Download : Faze – “Originality” Video

9. Eedris Abdul Kareem – “Jaga Jaga”

“Jaga Jaga” by Eedris Abdul Kareem is one of the conscious music released in 2004. The amazing single talked about the corruption and bad leadership in the country. It really spelt it all out, the inhumane treatments  the Nigerian common man is passing through in the hands of the leaders.

Download Eedris Abdul Kareem – “Jaga Jaga”

10. African China – “Mr President”

In 2006, off his “Mr President” album, African China shared quite a huge message to African leaders. He lyrically called on Presidents, Governors and Senators to lead well.

Quoted Lyrics:

Food e no dey
Brother eh water no dey
And our country no good 

Download: African China – “Mr President”

What do you Think? Please drop comments below! Checkout also, >> TOP 5 SONGS OF MERCY CHINWO <<

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music
Forum | 3 days ago

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist
Forum | 3 days ago

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist

Nigerian Army Troops Foil Kidnap Attempt, Neutralize Notorious Terrorist In Taraba
Forum | 3 days ago

Nigerian Army Troops Foil Kidnap Attempt, Neutralize Notorious Terrorist In Taraba

Nigerian Police Arrest Trigger-Happy Officer Who Shot Dead Businessman In Abia For Refusing To Give Bribe
Forum | 3 days ago

Nigerian Police Arrest Trigger-Happy Officer Who Shot Dead Businessman In Abia For Refusing To Give Bribe