I Don’t Disrespect People In Authority, Alaafin Tells Governor Seyi Makinde

Forum 3 years ago

I Don’t Disrespect People In Authority, Alaafin Tells Governor Seyi Makinde

The Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III, has assured Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State of his support while governing the state, saying that it is not in his habit to disrespect people in authority.

Adeyemi stated this when he received Makinde who paid him a courtesy visit in his palace in Oyo town. He said: “When someone is 50, he should become wise. When you are in the midst of the rich, the powerful and the noble, you will be wise.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/3988e80697660ef6db337c5cb5e16928.jpg

“I am not the kind of person that will disrespect people in positions of authority.

“There won’t be rift between us because I understand that. I have related with people in power even those who were frightening. Even when Bola Ige was in charge, he didn’t want to see me at all. But God made us to become friends. Why? Someone that is knowledgeable and has read many books will be wise if he mingles with people in authority.

“If I have grudge on whatever the governor has done, I will write a letter to explain. So, I don’t have any grudge.’’

Besides, the monarch said the location of the Mobile Police Squadron 72 in Ago-Are in Oke-Ogun area of the state would not create any rift between him and the governor but that he welcomed it.

The Alaafin said that Oyo town had security challenges, particularly hoodlums who were terrorising the town and urged the governor to help address them. He assured the governor of his full support in all the administration’s programmes and policies that would be beneficial to the masses.

However, Makinde, who stated that his visit to Oyo town was for the inauguration of a rehabilitated primary healthcare centre within the palace and the flag-off of the Oyo State Youths-in-Agric business project in Awe town in Afijio Local Council of the state, said that his administration intended to build and upgrade one primary healthcare centre in each of the 352 wards across the state before the end of his tenure in 2023.

On the controversy surrounding the location of the Mobile Police Squadron 72 at Ago-Are, the governor said there was never a time the squadron was located in Oyo town.

He said the request made to the Inspector-General of Police in September 2019 over the establishment of the squadron was for Oke-Ogun area and not Oyo town.

The governor, while inaugurating the newly rehabilitated and equipped primary healthcare centre at Aafin Bashorun, said that his administration would focus more on provision of basic healthcare services in the state.

He said that the rehabilitation was through the capitation received from Oyo State Health Insurance Scheme towards giving quality healthcare delivery to the people at the grassroots.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I’m Only Artist Who Stops People From Spraying Me – Seun Kuti
Forum | 2 days ago

I’m Only Artist Who Stops People From Spraying Me – Seun Kuti

Shehu Sani Tells FG to Pull Down Chinese Supermarket Denying Nigerians Entrance
Forum | 2 days ago

Shehu Sani Tells FG to Pull Down Chinese Supermarket Denying Nigerians Entrance

Your Evasion Of EFCC Arrest Is A Criminal Offence – Daniel Bwala Tells Yahaya Bello
Forum | 2 days ago

Your Evasion Of EFCC Arrest Is A Criminal Offence – Daniel Bwala Tells Yahaya Bello

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions
Forum | 2 days ago

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions