Tottenham Champions League Race Over If They Fail To Beat Man United – Sherwood

Forum 3 years ago

Tottenham Champions League Race Over If They Fail To Beat Man United – Sherwood

Tottenham’s hopes of qualifying for the Champions League will be over if they fail to beat Manchester United on June 19, according to Tim Sherwood.

Spurs endured a miserable six-game winless run before the 2019-20 season was temporarily shut down due to the coronavirus pandemic in March.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/9f19204a80031a9437da4db18c37de54.jpg

Jose Mourinho’s men exited Europe and the FA Cup during that period, while also slipping to eighth in the Premier League standings.

Spurs could still sneak back into the Champions League if Manchester City’s two-season ban from the competition is held up, but United are currently sitting in the coveted fifth spot.

The two teams will meet in north London next Friday as the top-flight resumes behind closed doors, with Sherwood well aware that Tottenham cannot afford any slip-ups as they look to close the four-point gap between themselves and the Red Devils.

“The form going into the break counts for nothing,” the former Tottenham midfielder and manager told Talksport. “It’s a fresh season.

“They’ve had a mini pre-season there. They’ve got nine games to finish in their objective, which is in the Champions League.

“[Paul] Pogba is back as well and that will be a massive plus; Pogba, [Bruno] Fernandes and [Scott] McTominay in that midfield is quite formidable in my opinion.

“If I’m Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and I’m looking at the teams below me, Tottenham are the major threat. I would say, ‘lets go all out to win this football game’. If you do you put Tottenham to bed, I don’t think they catch Manchester United if they do not beat Manchester United in the first game.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise
Forum | 6 hours ago

Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise

Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie

Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with
Forum | 1 day ago

Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with