We’ll Continue Probing Former Kano Emir – Ganduje

Forum 3 years ago

We’ll Continue Probing Former Kano Emir – Ganduje

Kano State Governor, Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, has revealed that the state’s Public Complaints and Ant-Corruption Commission will continue with probe proceedings against former Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II.

The governor made this known yesterday during a media interactive session held at Africa House, Government House, Kano.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/b4c3abb21151e5a056db68aafae7a7dc.jpg

Court dismisses corruption report against Emir Sanusi, awards him N.2m compensation Former Emir of Kano, Sanusi to face probe over alleged N2.2bn land scam.

The governor was responding to a question on the legal issues surrounding the creation of four additional emirates and his reform policy on the traditional institution.

“Yes, there were legal issues, which delayed the speed with which we wanted to bring about the reform, but with the exit of the former emir, the courts have already thrown out those claims and now the anti-graft commission is free to try the former emir according to the law,” he said.

Ganduje also said at the time there was “this so-called Kano Elders Forum” that tried to also frustrate the reform process, adding that their case was also dismissed by another court of competent jurisdiction “as such they have no legal standing to stop the reform”.

He said in the absence of all legal issues, the process had already been concluded; adding that the sole aim of the reform was trickling down development to other parts of the state.

The governor also spoke on his administration’s plan on continuing with ongoing projects taking into consideration the economic downturn caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.

In this respect, he said one of the measures was to cut the state’s budget by 30 percent, adding that the review of the budget was on-going, while prudence will be applied and that preference will be given to some projects.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Kano State Governor, Abba Yusuf, Suspended By NNPP
Forum | 2 days ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 2 days ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

Forum | 2 days ago

Why Ganduje Should Resign As APC National Chairman – Lawyer
Forum | 3 days ago

Why Ganduje Should Resign As APC National Chairman – Lawyer