Ronaldo's Sister Blasts Messi's Fans For Defacing His Statue After Ballon D'or Snub

Forum 8 years ago

Ronaldo's Sister Blasts Messi's Fans For Defacing His Statue After Ballon D'or Snub

Cristiano Ronaldo's sister has blasted supposed fans of Lionel Messi who defaced the superstar's statue in his hometown, Madeiram after the 30year old lost to Lionel Messi in the Ballon d'or award showpiece on Monday. The statue was erected in Madeira's capital city, Funchal, in 2014 in honour of Ronaldo's achievements.

His sister, Katia Aveiro, expressed her anger after fans painted Messi's name and number on Ronaldo's statue. She felt they aren't grateful the player's success and fame has put the island on the world map even going a step too far by saying the fans deserve to live in ISIS war torn Syria.

She posted on twitter.
'You all know I'm this man's sister, and above all how much proud I am to be so, and to know the wonderful and fighting person he is' 'I find the act in itself a disgrace but what I find more shameful is the envy that surrounds him and the anger that some unloved and frustrated pig-headed people display in public in a disgraceful way which leaves me embarrassed and sad as a Portuguese person. 'The people that are responsible for this and other negative things directed towards this person should know that our island was recently voted the world's leading island destination not just for the beautiful sea that surrounds us, nor for the marvellous gastronomy we also have nor the warm Madeiran welcome. 'It was in part thanks to this great Madeiran figure that honours his origins and from time to time emphasises it in public. 'Most of us should thank and salute to this man, it's thanks to him that a lot of Madeirenses still have their jobs. 'My beautiful island, regrettably, is still inhabited by some frustrated savages who deserve to live in Syria, between people that show no respect and hold no value for life in society. 'I apologise for the ones who live the sadness of war, but I believe some people don't belong on the land they live in.'

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Godzilla Minus One’s First Streaming Release Date Confirmed But US Fans Left Waiting
Forum | 1 day ago

Godzilla Minus One’s First Streaming Release Date Confirmed But US Fans Left Waiting

Brian Cox Blasts Ridley Scott’s Napoleon, Calls Joaquin Phoenix Terrible: ‘It’s Totally His Fault’
Forum | 1 day ago

Brian Cox Blasts Ridley Scott’s Napoleon, Calls Joaquin Phoenix Terrible: ‘It’s Totally His Fault’

Portable Begs EFCC After Spraying Money to Fans Amidst Bobrisky’s Jail Term
Forum | 2 days ago

Portable Begs EFCC After Spraying Money to Fans Amidst Bobrisky’s Jail Term

Shocking Moment 80-Year-Old Nun Was Seen Wheeling The Dead Body Of A Fellow Sister Into A Suitcase
Forum | 6 days ago

Shocking Moment 80-Year-Old Nun Was Seen Wheeling The Dead Body Of A Fellow Sister Into A Suitcase