Fair To Question If VAR Is Being Used Well- Barcelona Boss Setien

Forum 3 years ago

Fair To Question If VAR Is Being Used Well- Barcelona Boss Setien

Barcelona boss Quique Setien has expressed his belief that there is an idea that VAR “is not being used well” after Real Madrid’s controversial victory over Real Sociedad.

Madrid earned a 2-1 victory at the Anoeta on Sunday thanks to second-half goals from Sergio Ramos and Karim Benzema, but benefitted from a number of contentious refereeing decisions to move above Barca at the Liga summit.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/8f54a9fe237104e2c7973cb38a3ebced.jpg

Sociedad thought they had equalised when Adnan Januzaj fired past Thibaut Courtois from long distance, but the goal was ruled out for offside because Mikel Merino was deemed to be blocking the Madrid goalkeeper’s view.

Ahead of a meeting with Athletic Club on Tuesday, Setien called for VAR to be used more effectively in order to ensure a level playing field.

“I’m focusing on us,” the Barcelona manager told a pre-match press conference. “We have footballing problems, but I’m very happy with a lot of the things we’re doing.

“We’ve won two and drawn one. We’ve scored six goals and we haven’t conceded a single one. VAR is a tool we have that can make us better.

“But we must use it and have a clearer vision of reality. It is fair to ask why some actions are reviewed and others are not.

“It can lead to the idea that it is not being used well.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat

EPL: Brentford boss celebrates Onyeka’s first Premier League goal
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Brentford boss celebrates Onyeka’s first Premier League goal

UCL: Referee used common sense – Arteta on why Bayern didn’t get penalty
Forum | 6 days ago

UCL: Referee used common sense – Arteta on why Bayern didn’t get penalty

I Used Bleaching Cream For Over 15 Years, I
Forum | 1 week ago

I Used Bleaching Cream For Over 15 Years, I'm Just 35 And I Look Older Than My Age Now - Lady Laments