Dad, his two teenage children and dog killed on Father’s Day as a drunk driver crashed into them when they were talking a walk

Forum 3 years ago

Dad, his two teenage children and dog killed on Father’s Day as a drunk driver crashed into them when they were talking a walk

A father, his two teenage children and their dog have been killed after a suspected drunk driver mowed them down on Father's Day.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/5e96d9250ab2c31ce52d9ea480066820.jpg

A 47-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of three counts of causing death by dangerous driving and one of drunk driving after the family were killed while taking a walk on Sunday.

Police and paramedics rushed to Abbey Road in Dalton-in-Furness, Cumbria, at around 2.30pm on Sunday, June 21. Despite their best efforts, three people died at the scene.

The driver suffered injuries that are not believed to be life-threatening.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/07a26da2490217835461ee98b66c3e14.png

One woman living near the crash scene said: "There's an intense sadness.

"It's horrific and it just feels heavy. We're in disbelief.

"Whenever something like that happened would be awful but I think the fact it was Father's Day just multiplied everything."

Her partner, who did not want to be named, said: "After I noticed the police I went to the top of the drive and looked down.

"I didn't see the driver of the car but the door to the car was open and it had hit a tree.

"There were emergency vehicles everywhere, police and ambulances, and the fire brigade came down later."

A spokesman for Cumbria Police said: "The family are currently being supported by our family liaison officers."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Verydarkman Continues to Drag Reno Omokri, Accuses His Brother Of R3ping Teenage Girl
Forum | 4 hours ago

Verydarkman Continues to Drag Reno Omokri, Accuses His Brother Of R3ping Teenage Girl

Herbalist And Three Others Who Killed A Woman For Money Ritual Get Nabbed In Osun
Forum | 2 days ago

Herbalist And Three Others Who Killed A Woman For Money Ritual Get Nabbed In Osun

How A Suspected Drug Kingpin Was Killed In Kogi
Forum | 2 days ago

How A Suspected Drug Kingpin Was Killed In Kogi

Why I Killed 80-Year-Old Man And His Wife In Abuja – Suspect Confesses
Forum | 2 days ago

Why I Killed 80-Year-Old Man And His Wife In Abuja – Suspect Confesses