Employee Commits Suicide After Using Boss’ Money To Play Virtual Game And Lost

Forum 3 years ago

Employee Commits Suicide After Using Boss’ Money To Play Virtual Game And Lost

A Nigerian employee reportedly committed suicide in Bayelsa after losing his boss’ N150k to gambling.

According to a report by The Nation, the deceased staked the money on a virtual game that lasts less than two minutes and is controlled by computers.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/5bbdf9d90b69db065bab51d1b806b3df.jpghttps://storage.waploaded.com/images/4ac583312fcac28bb713cda59d0329b8.jpg

The man who was identified simply as Suga used all the business money realized on the day of the incident to play the virtual game, hoping to make some returns but luck eluded him.

An eyewitness who narrated the incident said:

“Suga, not knowing how to explain the situation to his boss, made him take his own life.”

Reports say there is an increasing number of people dying from betting and gambling since last year in the state with the case of Suga being the third.

Bayelsa police spokesperson Asinim Butswat said though the police are aware of the incident, it has not been reported officially.

“The Divisional Police Officer of Bassambri Nembe said the incident was not reported officially to the police. He, however, said they heard about the incident,” the police PRO said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
SPORT 59 mins ago ‘He has been excellent’ – Southampton boss thumbs up Aribo’s display
Forum | 16 hours ago

SPORT 59 mins ago ‘He has been excellent’ – Southampton boss thumbs up Aribo’s display

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out
Forum | 16 hours ago

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out

Owen Teague Went to ‘Ape School’ to Play Noa in Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes
Forum | 17 hours ago

Owen Teague Went to ‘Ape School’ to Play Noa in Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Keeper of the Lost Cities Movie in the Works at Warner Bros.
Forum | 17 hours ago

Keeper of the Lost Cities Movie in the Works at Warner Bros.