‘Voter Registration Exercise Could Lead to Death Due to Covid-19’ – Doctors warn EC

Forum 3 years ago

‘Voter Registration Exercise Could Lead to Death Due to Covid-19’ – Doctors warn EC

A group of health personnel made up of doctors, nurses and lab technicians has cautioned the Electoral Commission to apply the brakes of the voters’ registration otherwise there could be mass death in view of the Covid-19 pandemic.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/4b7752daaf41c5c6506a16b15604f128.png

The group argued that health facilities would not be able to handle the cases that would emerge as a result of the mass exercise.

“In our view, given that the existing biometric register has been used successfully to conduct significant number of elections including two presidential and parliamentary elections, two District Assembly elections since 2012 and a referendum by your outfit in 2018 to create six new regions, we find it plausible that same register will suffice for our impending elections.

Those who have recently attained voting age can be accommodated in a special registration exercise with much lower risks due to the fewer numbers,” they stated in a letter.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Ex-Oyo Governor, Olunloyo Debunks Death Rumour, Says I’m Alive
Forum | 2 hours ago

Ex-Oyo Governor, Olunloyo Debunks Death Rumour, Says I’m Alive

How My 15-Month-Old Baby Was Burnt To Death — Bereaved Mother Says
Forum | 21 hours ago

How My 15-Month-Old Baby Was Burnt To Death — Bereaved Mother Says

Vehicle Falls Off Tow Truck And Crushes Woman To Death In Anambra
Forum | 21 hours ago

Vehicle Falls Off Tow Truck And Crushes Woman To Death In Anambra

Three Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Armed Robbery, Kidnapping And Murder Of Medical Doctor In Edo
Forum | 1 day ago

Three Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Armed Robbery, Kidnapping And Murder Of Medical Doctor In Edo