Manchester United Have A Perfect Midfield Partnership In Pogba And Bruno Fernandes, Believes Solskjaer

Forum 3 years ago

Manchester United Have A Perfect Midfield Partnership In Pogba And Bruno Fernandes, Believes Solskjaer

Manchester United will build a long-term midfield partnership between Bruno Fernandes and Paul Pogba, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insists.

The Norwegian is adamant Pogba will remain beyond the transfer window – and believes the France international will be vital to his plans as he bids to knock Liverpool off their perch.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/25ace97682ffe712af953f38e585dd92.jpg

The World Cup winner was expected to leave United this summer – but the impact of coronavirus means it’s unlikely any club will come close to his £150million valuation.

Pogba has struck up an impressive understanding with Fernandes in only two games together since the coronavirus lockdown – and Solskjaer claims it is a pairing that will lead United into the future.

Crucially, he believes Pogba will be energised by the team’s progression since he underwent ankle surgery in January.

“I am certain that they can play well together because they have proven both in training in the games when they play together that it’s exciting,” said the United manager.

“I don’t think you can ever question Paul’s professionalism. He is a very very professional boy and he lives his life the right way. He wants to be the best he can be.

“He knows he’s a special talent and he doesn’t want to, in five or ten years’ time, look back and think I didn’t make the most of it.

“He is already a World Cup winner. He has won things with Juventus and us so I’m not surprised by his enthusiasm and dedication to us.

“Yes we are looking to keep Paul here and we are looking to keep the best players here anyway.

“You want to give Paul the chance to get 100 percent fit and back to his best. He has been out for so long, but I think it says everything about the quality of the boy in his performances.”

Solskjaer confessed it “hurt” to see Liverpool win the title, but believes he is the man to lead United back to the summit of English football.

Speaking ahead of Saturday’s FA Cup quarter final against Norwich he said: “I feel that we have shown at our best that we can match the best teams. That is the challenge for me and the players certainly that we can have that consistency now.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Chippa United target Black Stars goalie as potential replacement for Nwabali
Forum | 1 week ago

Chippa United target Black Stars goalie as potential replacement for Nwabali

Nigerian Woman Prepares Perfect Birthday Gift For Her Friend Who Loves To Gossip
Forum | 1 week ago

Nigerian Woman Prepares Perfect Birthday Gift For Her Friend Who Loves To Gossip

Transfer: Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United make Adarabioyo contact
Forum | 1 week ago

Transfer: Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United make Adarabioyo contact

Ex-Man Utd manager, Solskjaer turns down new job offer
Forum | 1 week ago

Ex-Man Utd manager, Solskjaer turns down new job offer