Liverpool Have Big Things To Achieve, We Won’t Stop Here, Mane Says

Forum 3 years ago

Liverpool Have Big Things To Achieve, We Won’t Stop Here, Mane Says

The Reds cannot afford to let their foot off the gas after being crowned champions of England, according to one of their talismanic attackers, Sadio Mane.

Sadio Mane has outlined his ambition to achieve even “bigger things” at Liverpool following their title triumph, while insisting there is still “another step” for Jurgen Klopp‘s side to take towards greatness.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/d9431c3e6b516100a3c78d99556a1609.jpg

Liverpool’s first league crown in 30 years was sewn up after Manchester City’s 2-1 defeat away at Chelsea last Thursday, as they now hold an unassailable 23-point lead at the top of the table with only seven games left to play.

Klopp’s men have set new standards of excellence in terms of consistency this season, winning all but three of their 31 fixtures to date to avenge their narrow loss to City in the 2018-19 title race.

The Reds are being tipped to dominate English football for the foreseeable future after adding an elusive piece of silverware to their collection, but Mane has warned that the whole squad will have to stay “hungry” in order to keep winning major trophies.

The Senegalese winger told the club’s official website: “I think this is another step for all of us in our career for what we want to achieve, because as football players you have to be always professional and always hungry in a good way to win everything.

“I think we have a great team, great staff and the club is amazing, so we have another step and big things to achieve so we won’t stop here.

“We just have to believe in ourselves still and keep working harder and be humble for sure – work hard and try to achieve bigger and bigger things with this club.”

Mane has enjoyed another stellar individual campaign at Anfield, having already contributed 19 goals and 12 assists to Liverpool’s cause in 40 appearances.

The 28-year-old went on to thank Klopp for bringing the best out of him, highlighting the German’s abilities as a man-manager and mentor.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 4 hours ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 1 day ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’