Best EPL Defender? ‘Maguire Has A Magnet On His Head!’ – Solskjaer Praises Captain

Forum 3 years ago

Best EPL Defender? ‘Maguire Has A Magnet On His Head!’ – Solskjaer Praises Captain

United boss, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has heaped praise upon Harry Maguire in the wake of his latest stellar performance for the club.

Harry Maguire is getting “better and better” with each passing game, according to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who says the Manchester United captain “has a magnet on his head”.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/fdc0c6449262a77e5f25d62ce033bd5f.jpg

Maguire has been the first name on Solskjaer’s team-sheet since his £80 million ($98m) move to Old Trafford from Leicester last summer, having quickly adapted to the demands of playing for one of the world’s biggest clubs.

The 27-year-old has featured in 44 games for United this season, scoring three goals, while forging a solid partnership with Victor Lindelof in the heart of the defence.

The England international was named the Red Devils’ new skipper following Ashley Young’s move to Inter in January, and he has taken on the extra responsibility admirably.

Maguire’s latest standout display came as United booked their place in the FA Cup semi-finals with a 2-1 win over Norwich on Saturday.

He popped up in the box to net a dramatic late winner in the second half of extra time, and subsequently picked up the man of the match award.

Solskjaer is “very happy” with how Maguire is progressing, but thinks there is still much more to come from a player who thrives on regular playing time.

The Norwegian boss told United’s official website: “I think his performances on the pitch say it all. He’s become club captain, he’s a leader and he’s chipping in with goals, so I’m very happy with Harry.\

“He’s a big lad and he gets better and better the more he plays. I think we’ll see him improving more and more the games he plays. He’ll get his sharpness from games.”

Asked whether Maguire will start weighing in with more headed goals as he looks to get on the end of dead balls, Solskjaer responded: “Definitely, and he should do. Tim Krul had a great save on Saturday from his header and we know that he’s a threat to anyone.

“I said it when we played Leicester last season it’s like he has a magnet on his head with the ball and we’re now getting used to him and his movement, with Bruno [Fernandes] coming up with some good deliveries. And we know when Harry is in there then anything can happen.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Top 10 Best Jason Statham Movies
Forum | 2 days ago

Top 10 Best Jason Statham Movies

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals
Forum | 2 days ago

3 Body Problem Season 2 Update Given by Creator: ‘Really Wild in the Best Possible Way’
Forum | 3 days ago

3 Body Problem Season 2 Update Given by Creator: ‘Really Wild in the Best Possible Way’

Forum | 3 days ago