Lagos lawmakers mourn Tunde Buraimoh

Forum 3 years ago

Lagos lawmakers mourn Tunde Buraimoh

Lagos State House of Assembly Speaker, Mudashiru Obasa and other legislators yesterday extolled the virtues of their late colleague, Chairman, House Committee on Information, Strategy and Security, Mr. Tunde Buraimoh, who passed on on Friday, July 10, 2020.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/a5608240daf431ad05a52383f219e112.jpg

At exactly 1:42 p.m. during the valedictory session for the late Buraimoh, the Speaker directed that the name-tag of the late lawmaker be removed on his official seat and handed over to the Clerk of the Assembly, Mr. Azeez Sani.

He also asked the Clerk to write officially to inform the Lagos State Chapter of All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) about the development.

The lawmakers said Buraimoh, who represented Kosofe Constituency II in the Assembly, would be greatly missed by all.

Obasa, who said he was yet to come to terms with Buraimoh’s demise, said: “I have lost one of the most resourceful members that I depended on for advice. He had never disappointed me.

“He was a man with an uncommon intelligence and political sagacity and a man of honour.”

“He was a respecter of constituted authority. He has made his impact and contributed to the growth of Kosofe and his vacuum cannot be filled in the next decade.

“We have lost a formidable member of rare quality in Buraimoh. We have lost a very valuable member, who was outstanding as a lawmaker.”

He said the Assembly would surely miss Buraimoh’s insightful and intelligent contributions to issues on the floor of the chamber.

In his contributions, Rotimi Abiru (Somolu 2) said Braimoh was such a sociable man. His death happened at a period we were enjoying him. It is most unfortunate that he has dropped at his own bus stop. May the Almighty God give the family the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.

In his comments, the Deputy Speaker of the House. Wasiu Eshinlokun-Sanni (Lagos Island 1), said: “I stood up with a heavy heart to mourn Braimoh. We started the Fourth Republic together in 1999. He was sociable, and intelligent. I pray that may we not witness any loss in the state House of Assembly again. May we all finish the journey together.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Family Kicks, Accuses Lagos Hospital Of Negligence, Incompetence As Mother, Son Die During Childbirth
Forum | 2 days ago

Family Kicks, Accuses Lagos Hospital Of Negligence, Incompetence As Mother, Son Die During Childbirth

Cement-Laden Truck, Commercial Bus Collide On Lagos Bridge
Forum | 2 days ago

Cement-Laden Truck, Commercial Bus Collide On Lagos Bridge

How A One-Year-Old Baby Was Burnt In Lagos Community Attack – Police
Forum | 2 days ago

How A One-Year-Old Baby Was Burnt In Lagos Community Attack – Police

Lagos Govt Seek Help In Identifying Woman Assaulting Baby In Viral Video
Forum | 4 days ago

Lagos Govt Seek Help In Identifying Woman Assaulting Baby In Viral Video