Paul Lied To People That I Couldn’t Sing Or Write Songs – Peter Okoye

Forum 8 years ago

Paul Lied To People That I Couldn’t Sing Or Write Songs – Peter Okoye

Peter Okoye has revealed many of the things that transpired in his family that ultimately led to P-Square’s break up.

Speaking to Nigerian Entertainment Today, Okoye revealed how both Paul and Jude had stifled him over the course of the relationship.

He said: “Now listen to this, P-Square featured on songs with J-Martins, Bracket, LKT, 9ice and these 4 songs were done by Paul alone, but guess what, did I appear in the videos, YES. Now hear this, we have other collabos with Kaha, Darey, Ruggedman. I did these songs alone. How come they don’t have videos? Paul refused to appear in the videos.”

“So I told Paul that when next he does a collabo alone, he should be in the video alone, because it got to a point where artistes began to feel if they did a collabo with Paul it [would] get a video, but if it was me, it [wouldn’t] get a video. The last collabo we did was with Flavour and I refused to do another one. Even Flavour had to speak all the Igbo he knows to convince me before I agreed to do it. Only for my brother to come and tell me that ‘Shey I thought you said you won’t appear in any video that I did the collabo alone?
Why did you appear on this one?’. I was sad but I knew another one will come.”

“So Tiwa Savage called me; apparently Paul had done a song with her – not the campaign song they are promoting now, another P-Square collabo entirely. So she [said] she’s been trying to reach Paul to get the CD of the song from him [because] he’s already done his part, so I went to Paul’s house to help ask for it and tell him I want to go to the studio to do my verse and he said he doesn’t know where the CD is.”

“I went to the Mavin studio to meet Tiwa. When I got there, she asked for the CD and I told her Paul didn’t give me any CD, so I called him again and gave the phone to Tiwa and [he] told her on phone that the CD is at Omole, so I got into the studio, recorded my verse and when I finished, everybody was clapping. I was surprised to realize that Paul had [told] them that I don’t sing or write songs.”

“I felt really bad and betrayed, but I covered up for him. I jokingly asked Teebillz if they gave him Red Label and he said yes, so I was like you guys caused it, and we laughed over it. So when my assistant went to pick up the CD, Paul and Jude started shouting at him to ‘ask Peter what is he doing at the Mavin studio? He knows how we work.’ The next day, I went to Paul and told him how I felt when I heard what he said. Only for Jude to say that he made Paul the lead singer of Psquare 8 years ago!”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
When Naira Went Haywire And Some People Were Celebrating, Inwardly We Were Laughing At Them - Shettima Says
Forum | 13 hours ago

When Naira Went Haywire And Some People Were Celebrating, Inwardly We Were Laughing At Them - Shettima Says

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri
Forum | 13 hours ago

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa
Forum | 16 hours ago

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa

Singer, Portable Slams Wife, Bewaji, For Not Including Him In Her Birthday Message To Herself
Forum | 1 day ago

Singer, Portable Slams Wife, Bewaji, For Not Including Him In Her Birthday Message To Herself